LOVE THY NEIGHBOR

After a steamy night with Jerry, he woke up, took a shower, kissed Roxy lightly on her lips and left at 4 A.M in the morning. She woke up, closed the door, jumped back into bed and slept. She would wake up at 9A.M. She had done all her morning duties the previous day and she could report to work as late as 10 A.M.

At around 6 A.M. the doorbell rung.

Oh my, for someone who doesn't have close friends and relatives my door bell rings a lot.

She was naked so she covered herself up with a robe and dragged herself towards the door. When she opened, Jim was standing there smiling.

"Hi, I hope I haven't woken you up, if I have then I'm sorry."

"It's okay..."

"So I sent you a message last night and you did not respond so I'm here in person before I leave for work."

"Okay, would you want to get in?"

"No, I'll be late for work. I'd like to ask you out on a date at my place. Please say yes to 8.P.M..."

"Okay, yes."

"Thank you. See you then."

He kissed her on the cheek and left. He seemed to be on his way to work.

Roxy was excited. She locked the door, threw her robe on the couch and jumped into her bed.

Such a nice interruption. Feels really good to be asked out on a date by a single man. Feels like a new experience.Perfect way to start a day.

She thought about her night. She had been intimate with two married men. She felt corrupt. But eased up to the fact the events of the nights were her dark secrets. No one else knew.

She closed her eyes and slept. She had 3 more hours before she would wake up.

She responded to the alarm at 9.
She hurriedly showered, dressed up, had breakfast then left.

As the day progressed, she got more excited. At 5 P.M she ran out of the office straight into a taxi.

She wanted to freshen up and watch some series to keep her anxiety low. She was laying on the couch when her phone beeped. New message.

Pat: Hey, hi. I'm sorry we cannot meet-up tomorrow.

Roxy: No problem at all.

Actually, she wouldn't have minded if he pulled out of their arrangement completely. He was getting dull. He had helped Roxy find work. She had rewarded him. If he desired to now stay loyal to his wife that was good riddance to Roxy too. She would welcome that wholly. He'd have made her life less complicated by being faithful to his wife.

While deep in her thoughts, Roxy drifted into a deep sleep. She had been asleep for a while when she suddenly woke up. She must have dreamed about Jim because she woke up freshened up, ran out to his door and rung the bell. It was 8.00 P.M.

Jim opened the door smiling.

"You are right on time madam," he said, as he touched her lightly on her back and ushered her into his place.

He had cooked and set the table. Seemed like he had been cooking the whole day. Everything was perfect. The sink was clean, the house was tidy. He pulled out a chair and she sat. She was impressed by the setting.

Very good.

After they had eaten, Jim helped Roxy out of her seat, held her hand and led her to the living-room. As she sat on the couch, he sat right next beside her and put his arm around her shoulder.

Oh thanks fate this feels like a relationship.

There was some awkward silence.

"How old are you Roxy?" he broke the silence.

"33!"

"Wow, a woman who isn't shy to tell her age."

"Well, that's because I know you are about my age so I'm comfortable about mine too."

They laughed.

"And what if you did not know how old I was?" He queried.

"Honestly, I'd have stated lower." He tapped her thigh and laughed even louder.

Roxy was having a good time with this man. She hadn't felt like this in years. She couldn't even remember the last time she was in a real relationship. All she had was Jerry who couldn't be reliable because he had a wife to think about and Pat was too busy to sit down for easy talk.

This feels really good.

She curled up in his arm and lay her head on his chest. She liked it. A man who wasn't in a hurry. To lay on a man's chest and not hear him whine about his wife. To just feel comfort. To feel free. She liked it.

"Roxy, "

"Yes...."

"Would you be my girlfriend?"

Oh yes, oh yes. I want, I want!

She could have said yes instantly, but she was in a complicated relationship and she wanted to start clean. She did not want to drag Jim into her mess. He was going to be her only boyfriend and did not want him to share her with anyone else.

"I will give you my answer by Monday Jim. Please give me time."

"Sure. I will give you time."

At that, she rose to leave. He stood up too and led her to the door. Then he kissed her lips gently and watched her as she walked her place. As she opened her door and got in, he closed his door too.

Roxy realised she hadn't locked her door when she left. She left in a hurry and forgot to lock up.

She was shocked. Not because she hadn't locked up but because Jerry was seated on the couch. He looked up and smiled at her.

She was furious. Angry even.

This man was stalking me in the hallway and now he's stalking me in my home too!

He had made himself comfortable and was watching a documentary. Roxy's first instinct was to kick him out but she held that back. Inasmuch as he was annoying, Roxy deeply respected him. And he seemed to be going through rough days.

So she calmed down and sat beside him.

"Hi Jerry...."