Chapter 22: Dirty Thoughts And Disobeying (And Betrayal, Too)

Start from the beginning

"How do you do it?" I asked, and Natalie smiled.

"Well, I think of happy memories of him, and how much fun we're going to have when he's back to normal. I've stopped thinking so negatively, and focused on the positive stuff."

"Oh, fun....." Janice said, winking and wiggling her eyebrows. "Natalie the virgin won't be a virgin anymore when she gets her hands on Theo again." Natalie blushed, and we laughed. It was then that something occurred to me.

"Natalie! Wait! You haven't changed him yet, have you?"

"No..." Janice said, frowning and answering my question. "We would have smelled him if she had."

My mouth moved into the shape of an o, and I gasped.

"What?!" everyone asked simultaneously.

"Natalie! You haven't changed him! So, let's see...You're a true wolf, right? So, since the blood type always transfers when a werewolf changes a human, since it's yet to be contaminated by genetics, then....."

Claire gasped. "Theo will be a true wolf too!"

"And....?" Natalie asked, puzzled, and I continued with my thought.

"Well, I was just thinking that true wolves can take over position of the Alpha, if they wanted to, since although they are not part of the Alpha bloodline, they are still 100% werewolf - and the only reason the Alpha bloodline thing started was because everyone used to be 100% werewolf, and each person couldn't be their own Alpha."

Natalie still looked puzzled. "So.....?"

I smacked my forehead with my palm. "How have you not figured this out yet?! If James does not want to be Alpha, or if James' dad just passes it over to Theo, then Theo will be Alpha!"

Janice scoffed. "Yeah, like that'll happen. I know James - he's my mate, and trust me - he would never not accept the position of Alpha. And his dad wouldn't just exactly hand it over, either, no offense to Theo."

My face fell.

"Well, it was just a hypothetical statement thing. And it would've been good for Natalie, too."

"Why?" Sasha asked.

I paused a moment before answering, trying to word this correctly - and in a way that didn't make it sound totally wrong and dirty. "Well.....because Alpha males and Alpha females always have that mating desire. Like, overly. You know, when James' parents were young Alpha male and Alpha female, and they hadn't....well, mated yet....my mom told me that whenever they saw each other, their wolf came out with desire and passion, and they didn't care who was with them."

"Oh, my, God," Janice said, her jaw dropping.

I laughed, taking another sip from my water bottle and pausing to choose my words before continuing. "It got so bad, my mom said, that one time everyone just left the house and left them alone, and, well.....the next day they weren't exactly virgins anymore."

Natalie snorted. "And why exactly would that be good for me? Emma, do you have, like, an inner perverted desire to see Theo and I making out?"

I spit out the water that I had just taken a huge sip of. "Eww! Gross! No, definitely not!"

"Then why?"

I blushed. "Well, because....you know....."

"Hey guys! I'm back! And I got Chinese take-out!"

We heard the sound of the door opening and closing, and a few seconds later Denise appeared, struggling to carry eight brown paper bags.