"the queen of lieusaint just confirmed her assistance to the ball." i heard one of the maids tell my mother.

i stopped talking, motioning sebastian to do the same. i heard a her mention a couple more kingdoms, but i didn't bother listen. "a ball?" my eyes widened as i realized what they were talking about. i shook my head. "he can't come."

somehow i ended up in sebastian's lap, his hand rubbing my back as my body trembles. "maybe he's not coming. if it was the other way around, i wouldn't come." i frowned and hid my face in the crook of his neck. "thing is, i don't even know why am i worrying so much and it makes me worry even more."

sebastian didn't speak. he let me mumble incoherent things until i fell asleep to the feeling of his hand in mine.

~ ♡ ~

i woke up when sebastian was placing me in my bed. i yawned, "don't go." i muttered, reaching for him.

"just give me a minute, cor."

i pouted, calling for him again. he shushed me, a male voice was heard from the hall.

"she's awake? let me see her."

sebastian looked at me apologetically when he pulled away after kissing my forehead. my door swung open, revealing zabdiel. he searched the room until his eyes laid upon me. i sat up as he approached me.

"princess." he breathed. "i– i just–" he seemed to be having trouble with his words. he took my hand and frowned when he didn't feel the coldness of the ring he gave me. "what did i ever do to you?"

i let him intertwine our fingers. he brought my hand up to his lips, my eyes filled up with tears. i wasn't sure if it was sadness, or if i was so mad that it made me cry.

"what did you ever do to me?" i laughed, trying to pull my hand away. "let go of me."

"i'm sorry." he cried.

a soft knock was heard from my door, i looked over to see christopher standing in the doorway.

i smiled. "christopher, i thought you were traveling until next week."

he returned my smile, "i had to come home early to visit my fiancée. hope i'm not interrupting anything." he looked down at zabdiel and i's hands.

"not at all, my love. zabdiel was just leaving."

zabdiel turned to me, furrowing his eyebrows. he let go of my hand and got up nonetheless, but not without kissing my cheek.

christopher's face changed from smiling to a scowl as soon as zabdiel left the room. "i despise that guy."

i couldn't help but giggle. "that makes us two."

he kissed me softly and sat at the edge of my bed. "why are you in bed? are you feeling ill?"

"no, i just fell asleep downstairs but i woke up when sebastian bought me here. speaking of him, where is he?"

"he must've left, he was nowhere to be seen when i arrived."

i bit my lip and placed myself on his lap. he wrapped his arms around my waist to keep me from slipping. "what are you doing, babe?"

"making myself comfortable." i muttered.

christopher just pulled my face down to meet his lips. he always treated me like i was made of glass and that if he made one wrong move i would break, and his kisses were always gentle and passionate. i loved that about him.

i shifted on his lap as i placed my hand on the back of his head.

he groaned softly, "babe, don't do that."

i smiled, "what, this?" i moved my hips down again, this time a little harder.

he bit down on my lip and pulled away to leave soft pecks down my neck. "you're making this so difficult for me."

i got off of him, smiling innocently. "too bad we have to wait until marriage."

he licked his lips and fixed his hair. "remind me why do i always let you do this?"

"because you love me." i laid back down on the bed, pulling the covers over myself.

we spent the rest of our evening cuddling on my bed, speaking about everything and nothing. he spent the night over, mother had been in bed all day since she wasn't feeling too well so she had no idea that he was even here. he made me so happy, i was glad things didn't work out with zabdiel.

"i am so in love with you." was the last thing i heard before i drifted into unconsciousness.