xxvi (special chapter || zabdiel)

this chapter is so messy, it has a lot of different scenes and honestly you won't understand a part until you read the next chapter i think ?? anyway listen i sUCK at writing in a guy's pov i'm so sorry in advance.

zabdiel's pov

she looked so peaceful when she was sleeping. held her left hand between mine, the coldness of the metal on her finger was a sour reminder that i let the best thing that happened to me slip right through my fingers.

"i'm so sorry, princess." i kissed her hand. "i know you love when i call you that. at least you used to."

i wanted her to be awake and listening to me, but i also knew that i wouldn't have to courage to say it when her glistening eyes were looking at mine.

"i should have never lied to you. but i knew that you would get all crazy when i told you that anne stayed here. you look so cute when you get jealous. especially when you try to deny it." i let out a chuckle. "when you were yelling at me..." i clenched my teeth. "it hurt you see you so broken once again. i was seeing fifteen year old you crying when i told you about anne and i. she's a good person, you know? not my type, but i do hope the best for her."

i swore i saw her eyelashes flutter against her cheeks, but i brushed it off. "she told me to fight for you, for your love. i regret not listening to her sooner. i realize this now, six years later. look at you now, happily engaged to christopher with a baby on the way. you're so clueless sometimes. i thought you were a wait until marriage girl. but hey, that's none of my business."

i looked down at her hand, rage filling my system as i looked once again at her ring. "i love you, baby. i only want to see you happy, even if i'm not the source of your happiness."

~ ♡ ~

"what's it like to be so close yet so far away from the love of your life?"

i threw the glass that was in my hands against the wall. i watched as it shattered into a million tiny pieces, much like my heart was shattering right now.

"no need to get violent." anne sipped her wine. "it's not like you even tried to gain her love and trust back. honestly, who's idea was it that guys had to be total assholes for girls to like them? it was probably a guy."

"it doesn't matter anymore. she's engaged."

"exactly!" she exclaimed. "she's engaged, not married. she's still available."

"why would she leave christopher for me? he actually knows how to treat her right." i stood up and kicked the table in front of me. "he's right, all i do is hurt her."

"at least you know that you were wrong, you can still fix this, zabdiel."

"she's pregnant with his child." i wanted to pull my hair so hard that i would end up bald.

anne looked at me skeptical. "she's pregnant?"

i ran a hand through my hair, probably messing it all up. "when she came with her mother she said she felt nauseous and tired, and she even threw up. my sister's pregnancy symptoms were exactly the same."

she nodded slowly, still in shock. "maybe she's just sick, zab. we also don't feel well when we're in that time of the month." i glared at her and she sighed in defeat. "there may be a possibility. did she say anything else?"