P A R T Y

"Chloé, please don't do this to me." I moaned as my best friend dragged me through the crowded mall.

"You can't stop me. Hayley, it is your freaking birthday and i know how your closet looks." Chloé rolled her eyes at me and dragged me into Urban Outfitters. "It is empty."

"I know. But i hate shopping."

"Stop moaning around and let me get you a sexy outfit. You need to get laid-" i ran to her and shut her mouth with my hand.

"Shut the heck up Chloé. There are people here. And i don't need to get laid!" I hissed at her.

"You do girl. You do. It has been over 2 months since you broke up with David. Which means you haven't had sex in 2 months."

"No it doesn't!" I hissed again.

"Girl, it does. I spend every minute with you so i know that you haven't had sex-"

"I GET WHAT YOU MEAN NOW PLEASE SHUT UP." I screamed at her and suddenly everyone around me in the store stared at me.

Shit.

"I love you. Now put on those shorts." She was all nice again and i could see the devilish grin forming in her eyes already.

She handed me the, and I'm not exaggerating, the shortest pair of navy green shorts i have ever seen.

"What kind of animal had fun with those? Those are not even pants. I can wear nothing instead, it will look the same."

"Urgh girl, shut up and try them on. You will look hot. You're 21, have some fun and show off your body for christ sake."

"Alright alright. But they will look terrible." I mumbled under my breath and went into the dressing room.

Chloé loved the hot pants, but i just wasn't feeling them. I may let Chloé advise me on what to wear sometimes because she always looks good, but i won't wear something i feel uncomfortable in, which is how i felt in that excuse of a hot pant.

I ended up buying a black pair of shorts, which were not revealing my ass cheeks but they did make my ass look nice, i had to admit that. I also got an over sized crop top which i would let down on one shoulder. On top of that, Chloé bought me a pair of sandals that go up to my knees that do look pretty cool.

"You really shouldn't have bought me t-"

"Shut up. It's your birthday."

"But you already got me the ring." I pointed to the rose-gold, matt ring on my finger.

"So? I already told you, i love you. That's what friends are for." She giggled and started driving to her appartment.

"Give me your clothes, i will throw them in the washing machine real quick so you can wear them tonight. I don't want you to die because of all the chemicals." She laughed and i did as she told me.

"Thanks." I mumbled. And then i sighed, remembering that we were going to our friend Jessicas party tonight. "When do we have to be there exactly?"

"At eight, why?"

"Just asking." Jessica always threw a party on the first day of spring break and coincidentally, this day was my birthday as well this year.

Her parents were like the coolest people ever. Whenever she wanted to throw a party, they would leave and have a nice weekend at some hotel. It was a win win for both of them.

I knew Jessica from school, we had the same group of friends, but i wouldn't consider us close. Not like Chloé and I.

We were inseparable.