1 : camp gemini

THE GIRL WITH the wavy light brown hair, that dropped a few inches below her shoulders, stepped off of the bus, into camp gemini before diving into a desperate attempt to find her big blue duffel bag

THE GIRL WITH the wavy light brown hair, that dropped a few inches below her shoulders, stepped off of the bus, into camp gemini before diving into a desperate attempt to find her big blue duffel bag. as she fought through the ocean of fellow camper girls and the sounds of camp leaders roll-calling mingled with the music that flowed through her earbuds and into her ears. she remained focused on her task whilst also multitasking listening out for when her name was called. she pushed her blue framed sunglasses up her nose. the girl wore a plain white t-shirt and blue denim-short dungarees, she embraced the summer weather, tasting the sweet scented summer air, turning her iPod music up full blast. she hummed along before her eyes lit up slightly, spotting her duffel bag.

"target acquired." she said to herself, dashing forward to grab her duffel before it was buried in dozens of others. "ugh, damn it." she sighed, pushing her sunglasses to the top of her head. "let's attempt shall we." she sighed to herself, contemplating her options. "i could try pull it out or... there's not another option..." she trailed off. "i'm talking to myself like a lunatic." she then pushed all thoughts aside and grasped the black strap of her duffel tightly in her clenched fist. "you can do this Callie, if Uncle Lucas can cling on to a bull for 4 seconds you can damn well pull out a duffel bag."

"that made zero sense." laughed a girl who was having a similar problem, before pulling out her red duffel in triumph. she giggled at callie slightly, offering her a pitiful look.

"eavesdropper much." Callie returned, smiling all the same, indicating she was joking. "i'm Callie Frances Hart," she stuck out her hand, "you don't look me in the eyes." she stated firmly, imitating her mother perfectly, a joking tone pacing her voice ever so much.

"i'm Kiera Jacobs, call me Ki." the girl grinned, shaking her hand. "let me give you a hand." she reassured her as the two girls then pulled for all they were worth. as the duffel finally emerged Callie picked it up.

"hey! you're from New York?" Ki gaped. "that's awesome!"

"well technically i'm also from Texas, i spend half my year there with my uncle." Callie explained, stopping herself. "but that's besides the point." she laughed. "how about you?"

"san francisco." Ki smiled as she picked up her own red duffel. "what you listening to?" she asked, pointing towards her iPod.

"my chemical romance." Callie replied, offering her an earbud, which Ki accepted. "you like them?" Callie asked, searching for potential similarities or differences between herself and her new found friend,

"never listened to them." Ki stated, putting the ear bud in her ear. Callie gaped before putting on her favourite song.

"do you live under a rock?" she scolded jokingly, Ki giggling in response before bobbing her head to the music as Callie grinned in excitement, a confirmation Ki liked the band.