Missing you

This chapter is dedicated to a very dear friend of mine writersfeed   

Took me so long as always.

Anyways enjoy.

               **************

The car halted with a screeching sound infront of the main gate of the asylum. Faris stepped out of it with his phone held upto his left ear talking to his Secretary, Mrs. Saliha on his phone.

She had called him when he was a few minutes drive away from the asylum for some confirmations.

"Okay, and what about those files-.....okay....no, I'm not coming  today." He was giving her instructions to compensate for his absence.

The guard on the main gate gave him a slight nod in acknowledgement as he stepped inside the main gate.

The asylum staff had already informed him that Faris was going to be a regular visitor here so he didn't make a mess on his appearance like he did before.

Faris treaded inside the asylum ground, ignoring past the curious stares and hushed whispers directed his way from the staff or workers, busying himself intentionally on his phone.

"Okay. No....no...Mrs. Saleha. I told you already I can't come today.....Atleast take care of things for today." His hands started trembling.

His throat was going parched as he felt a ever-growing suffocation. He didn't wish to see the whole thing again. He didn't want to see her here but the crave to atleast see her, even in this asylum was so over-whelming.

As he was moving towards the main building he felt his stomach churning, his palms were sweating and his breathing was going deep and shallow at the same time.

Walking towards the reception, he felt that his voice was shaking a bit so he hurriedly hung up his phone as he didn't wish to give any notice of his breathless condition to his secretary.

He was expecting to see the receptionist there but there was no one. Before he could apprehend whom to ask a mesh of loud noises rose, echoing among the corridors, terrifying the worn out walls and doors of the rotten building.

The shouts, screams or the yells were mixed, muffled, like one speaking after the other but one voice was considerably the loudest among the mesh.

As his feet took steps slowly towards the reference of the sounds, the noise got a bit clear and then he heard someone shout in an alarming tone.

"NO FALAK!!!!!.....WE....WE ARE LISTENING!.....Tell us who-"

He didn't know what was said next as his feet rushed him towards the source without wasting another moment, forgetting about all the hell going around, forgetting about everything.

But what he saw was sufficiently enough to snatch life straight out of his feet, his body, his heart.

The death of the heart is the ugliest death there is.....

A voice echoed in his ears.

He understood why it was said and he realized that it was true, it was the most painful death, worst with its own particularity because he knew his heart was dead....it had died the very day when she saw Falak here....but nobody knows the worst part about the death of the heart.

That is:

It still beats......

Yes, that is why it is said the ugliest death, because it doesn't stop beating, it dies but it never let you live neither let you die, rather makes you live to die everyday, a little here, a little there, slowly.