2

"Ziza, your stupid boyfriend is calling... again." Ferran rolled his eyes when he peered at her phone screen.

"He's not stupid. Fezza we've talked about this. Stop calling him names. You know I don't like it." She scowled at him. Ferran shrugged before rolling his eyes again and silently did the mime action of locking his lips and throwing away the key before giving the TV before them his full attention. Shaking her head at his at his childish antiques, she shuffled on the sofa, to reach for the vibrating phone on the coffee table.

It was the following night, a Friday and they were hanging out at Aziza's place as per usual. It was their movie night. They always made it a point to have a movie night every last Friday of the month, taking turns to host it at each other's house. So obviously, sometimes they had Ferran's family join in on the fun. Though it at some point it became on of those second nature, take for granted things, deep down, she found it so sweet that, unless he had important things to take care of, he always made sure he made time for them to stay in touch, especially after the separate paths life set them on when her father took her away.

The both of them were cosy on her sofa with a huge bowl of popcorn and two large coke cans in the cup holder between them in the dark, small living room. Tonight was Ferran's turn to pick out a movie, which was something she always looked forward to. If there was anything the guy could do? It was selecting one heck of a good movie.

"Hey, Kev, what's up?" A face splitting grin instantly lit her face up.

"Hi Ziz. How is your night?" Kevin's raspy voice whispered from the other end.

Kevin and Aziza had been together for almost two years. The typical love at first sight was their love story. He was the charming final year music, exchange student from the U.S and she was the doe-eyed freshman. It was a match made in heaven. Kevin had been a young amateur, music producer studying a course in music. But he was talented at what he did, school was more of a way to gain more knowledge rather than it being his only ticket to making it in the industry. She remembered developing the biggest crush on him in the history of crushes the first time she laid her eyes on him by chance on campus. Then one night while at a dorm party, Ziza could have sworn she died and came back. The most handsome guy in school wanted her. He'd asked her out and she said yes, he hadn't known it but he'd had her way before hello. In Aziza's eyes, everything was as it should be, except with Ferran, saw it as a different story altogether. Her best friend was never fond of her boyfriend from the onset. They had so many fights over the same topic, and at some point she thought it was jealousy and that it would go with time. But, two years down the line, here they were. Something she'd mistaken for jealousy was in fact hate. Every time she tried to confront him, Ferran would always insist that he simply didn't trust Kevin. She gave up when she can to the conclusion that she'd never understand those thoughts.

"It's going great how's yours?"

"Fine. Kind of bored to be honest--"

"Noo!" She squealed in laughter, "Don't say it, it's so cliché."

"...but I feel amazing now that you're here." They burst out laughing together like the two morons they were.

"I'm trying to watch a movie here!" Ferran complained.

"Oh hush." Aziza whispered, "Sorry, what was that? I couldn't hear over the noise here." She stuck her tongue out at her friend.

"I asked what you were doing." He chuckled.

"Oh nothing much, just watching a movie with you know who." She took a handful of popcorn and chucked some into her waiting mouth.

"Again?"