Natsu x Gray's Sister! Reader | Oblivious and Overprotective

Start from the beginning

"Did you need something Natsu?" [Name] turned around in the empty street, seeing a bob of salmon hair behind the pole.

"I'm not Natsu" he panicked.

"Well, who else do I know has pink hair and horrible hiding skills?" The girl smiled, stepping towards the Fire Mage through the snow.

"It was Happy's idea!" He stepped out behind the pole.

"Natsu, Happy isn't here, do you honestly expect me to believe that?" [Name] shook her head. "Not all of us are idiots."

"Who are you calling an idiot?!" He raised his voice.

"Anyway, what did you want to ask me?" [Name] asked, cocking an eyebrow. "I'm not going to lock Gray out the house, if that's what you're going to ask "

"No, I just wanted to tell you to be careful" Nastu spoke, suddenly serious. "I've got a bad feeling about the job tomorrow"

"It'll be fine, I mean, how many jobs have we gone on?" [Name] just brushed the warning off, smiling. "If that's all, then I've got to get home, can't let Gray get home first without the keys. Bye Natsu"

[Name] kept walking forward, but was stopped by Natsu grabbing her arm.

"I'm serious [Name]. Please, be careful" he begged the girl.

"Of course I'll be careful! I'll make sure everyone comes back safe! I mean, how hard can it be? We've fought demons and the dark guilds, a little beast can't do much harm. We'll beat it in one shot!" Her cheeks slightly reddened, however, Natsu never realised. She did her best to cheer Natsu up,

"Yeah" Natsu's smile returned.

However, [Name] couldn't be more wrong if she tried.

➳➳➳

Wendy screamed as she was thrown against the tree, the second last of the group of eight to be thrown back, paralysed.

"Wendy!" Natsu growled. "You'll pay for this!"

He charged recklessly to the monster, but was instantly punched back.

"Just how strong is this?" [Name] asked, barely standing up and limped towards Natsu.

"You alright, [Name]?" Natsu asked.

"I barely managed to freeze the poison before it reached me. It's not dangerous, just paralysing. After we beat this, I can freeze and take out the paralysing poison in their blood." She smiled. "I told you, I was going to protect everyone"

Frozen things started flying at the beast, making it step back.

"I'm all fired up now!" Natsu grinned, charging at the beast again with new confidence. "Fire Dragon Iron Fist!!"

After a while of fighting, the whole land surrounding them were either frozen or burnt.

"Natsu!" [Name] called, creating a blizzard, blinding the beast, making a sword and hitting it. "Now!"

"Fire Dragon's Brilliant Flame!" The blizzard broke apart, Natsu's fire turning it to rain.

The thing, fell to the floor, almost burnt to a crisp.

"Alright! I'm all fired up now!"

"Well, cool down a little won't you? There's nothing to hit now" [Name] only replied, trapping it in a giant cage. She then walked over to the rest of the team, helping Wendy first.

"[Name], how longs it going to take? I'm hungry" Natsu whined like a child, trusting that [Name] will help everyone.

"Natsu, it might take some time, but don't use your magic yet, I need to freeze the poison, fire in not going to-"

"Hey! Get up! I'm not done yet!" Natsu disappeared, to the fallen beast no doubt.

[Name] smiled a bittersweet smile. She liked her relationship with Natsu, and wouldn't change it for the world, however, she didn't want to keep bottling her feelings up.

"You'll never learn will you? Whenever we are ever alone, you always end up running off..." she sighed. "You're a dragonslayer right? So why can't you hear me?"

[Name] sighed once again.

"Oh well, when fates decides to finally open your eyes, your ears, I suppo--" she stopped, shaking her head.

"Did you say something?" Natsu yelled.

"No, you must be hearing things" [Name] called back.

"No, you said something, what was it?" Natsu walked closer.

"Natsu! No, I'm trying to concentrate" [Name] evaded the question, hands hovered over Wendy's body.

"Fine, we're having a talk after we get back"

[Name] nodded and soon, Wendy was up, meaning that everyone else was too.

"You stay the hell away from my sister!" Gray instantly punched Natsu.

"What was that for?! You Ice Perv?!"

Lucy and [Name] both sweatdropped.

"An oblivious boy you like and an overprotective brother is really quite the combination" Lucy spoke, watching the two punch each other back and forth.

"Yup"

『 Oblivious and Overprotective - End