Chapter 19- Moral Support

Weird info: that song is kinda creepy to me

Crystal's P.O.V

"Blehhhhhhh. I... Can't .... Even!" I pant.

All of us friends are in Rhys' house, working out.

"C'mon!" Zöe encourages.

"One more!" Sana cheers.

"You don't have to if you don't want to!" Marcie consoles.

"Raaaah!" I cry, hefting myself up once more.

"Yuuuuuuus! 20 push-ups in a row! You GO guuurl!" Zöe proclaims.

"Seriously? That's nothing!" Asher scoffs, as he peeks around the corner.

"Hmmm, what do you call the time when you practically DIED after 5 push-ups?" Damien quips.

I snort as Asher's face warms, but soon realize that it's not Damien's words that are making him blush, but the girl behind him.

"Hey guys!" Arelina greets, walking down the basement stairs.

"Ohhhh, hello sweetie pie!" Marcie rushes over and pinches the poor girl's cheeks.

At that moment, Rhys walks in and frowns at the scene in front of him.
"Why are you torturing my sister?" He sternly demands.

"I'm not torturing her! I'm admiring her cuteness!" Marcie defends.

Out of the corner of my eye I see Sana's mouth twitching, and as I look at her, we burst into giggles.

Zöe just inspects her nails, unimpressed.

"I think you've expressed your admirance quite well," Momo comments softly.

"That's a word?" Damien asks, scrunching his face, thinking.

"No, that's two words. That, and is," Momo jokes, making Damien smack his back in fake annoyance.

"You know what I mean!"

"I seriously have no idea," Momo responds honestly.

"Bro, you're the Asian here! You should know your vocabulary ," Damien laughs.

"Stereotyping!" Marcie points a finger. "I myself, an Asian, hate math. Take that you imbecile!"

Momo looks astounded at the fact that Marcie jumped in to defend him, and Damien twice as shocked.

Rhys just smirks.

"Ooooooo-kaaaaaaay, I'm outta here," Arelina raises her hands, pursing her lips.  "Oh, wait, I wanna play Clash of Clans. Anybody wanna join?"

"YES!" Asher jumps at the chance.

Arelina blinks in surprise, but she nods and starts up toward the living room.

Rhys gives Asher almost a stink eye, but as they look at each other, something passes between them, and Rhys relaxes a smidgen.