- thirty six

Happy endings don't always come to all, that's something that is a certain. A chosen amount of people get their happy endings, a storybook kind of thing. Where a constant competition of jealous and overwhelming fighting to get to that chosen few, was always apparent.

For some people, happy endings come effortlessly. As if they were special from the beginning, plucked into that group specifically to get the ending they dreamed about when they were younger.

Some people, like a special Kim Taehyung and Jung Hoseok.

Finally, after planning for who knows how long, the day that they officially became one. It was anything other than easy, filled with people leaving and coming back, friends breaking off ties and leaving everything behind.

It wasn't easy, all this time. It was like they were constantly being left, but it soon enough became a constant, that left both of them thinking that they didn't have to worry.

Things would work out, wouldn't they?

Finally, things were working out, for the first time in a long time. It left the both of them breathless. Especially Hoseok, who was currently pacing in a line back and forth in the room he was currently sharing with Taehyung. The younger, watched his feet move in the perfectly straight line.

"Calm down, Seokkie. Things are going to be fine." He muttered, grasping onto the elder's hand, stopping his pacing in it's tracks. "I knw you're nervous, but things are going to be alright this time."

Hoseok took deep breaths, attempting to calm himself down, not for himself, but for Taehyung. "I know...I just can't help, but get...not even nervous, but like...anxious. More than that, it's like my entire body wants to give up and say it's not going to work."

Taehyung nodded, turning the other and grasping his other hand. He brought them up to his lips, and kissed them gently. Hoseok spoke again.

"I know that, but at the same time...here I am, standing with you, about to get married in the midst of an hour or so, happier now that I've been in my entire life..."

Taehyung smiled then, nodding once more. "That's the Hoseok I know." He smiled up at the man in front of him. Still somehow bewildered how he stayed around after all this time. Two years, they'd been together now. Their wedding being postponed enough times to have wanted to give up, like Hoseok said.

Although they were here, together. They'd made it through. Together.

They had their minutes together, mostly using them somehow to make sure the both of them were still breathing normally and not scaring themselves with their anxiety levels, they got better, and were heading down from their room to the hotel's "community room".

Neither of them knew the actual name for the room, but all they knew was that somehow it'd been transformed perfectly into their ideas and reprimands of the people they asked to make it happen.

They'd established, since Taehyung was the more dominant one, he'd be standing on the "men's" side of the altar, these small details meant the world to the two, even if they were small things like, who was their groomsmen for whom, they were picky, and they didn't mind changing their own thoughts at the last minute.

It wasn't long before the two were standing at the white altar at the end of a white aisle, in white suits, which perfectly matching rings, they were standing there. Ready for the two of them to officially become each others.

The man, whom again - neither of them knew the proper name for - stood between them, a large book in his hands.

Everything happened so fast, promises were talked about to each other, words spoken in rhythm, copying everyone else throughout their times. Now, it was time for their...personalized vows. Hoseok went first.

"Kim Taehyung. I never thought I'd fall in love this fast or this hard. My love for you is irrevocable, infinite. Loving you, I think, is like waking up every morning to the beach. A paradise of smiles, and laughter, because I know with you, that's all I ever need. You're hilarious, and you make me feel loved and beautiful, even when I feel like I'm worthless. I don't know how to describe my love for you, other than forever. So, Kim Taehyung. It's my honor to be taking your name, so in return, please. Be my forever."

Taehyung's eyes were on the verge of watering, a tear threatening to fall, as he began speaking his own vows.

"Jung Hoseok. My beautiful, amazing, Jung Hoseok. You're perfection, in every way possible, your hair, the way it never gets tangled, so I can run my fingers through it, your eyes, that crinkle up when you smile, and your lips, the ones that I could lose myself with, every time I kiss you. I never had a happy story until I met you, I was dropped alone, and so when I cam across you, and your personality. I instantly fell for your charms. You followed your promise, and so my promise to you, is to make you happier than you've ever been; to make you smile when you're sad, to keep you from crying. I want us to have a happy ending, that in other times, we wouldn't have gotten. This is our happily ever after."

Tears fell this time, the both of them wiping their own tears after the words finished. Their emotions were taking over. The man between them, himself, was on the verge of tears due to the words the two shared. Their promises were nothing compared to this.

The kiss, the one thing they were missing, had finally come. They hadn't kissed at all that day, saving themselves for this very moment.

The words slipped from the man's lips, and the two's eyes met for a moment. The people already cheered, standing up, a mixture of yells from Namjoon and Jimin overwhelmed the rest of the crowd. Meanwhile Yoongi was comforting a crying Jungkook who was too emotional to do anything.

Even Seokjin was there, slightly teary-eyed, clapping his hands together at the couple, before their lips connected finally.

Their kisses usually felt like the first, but this one, it felt like they were finally...themselves. It was no long Jung Hoseok and Kim Taehyung. It was Kim Taehyung and Kim Hoseok. Their names locked and bound together by law. They were each other's now, without anyone coming in the middle of that.

There was no words to describe the kiss they shared, other than astounding and special. Emotions swollen, just like their lips, as Taehyung's hands held Hoseok's face, and the elder's hands clutched Taehyung's sides.

Everyone hollered at the top of their lungs.

When their lips disconnected, and their foreheads rested upon one another, their eyes opened as well. Taehyung smiled brightly, as well as Hoseok did soon after.

"I love you, Kim Hoseok." Taehyung smirked.

"I love you even more, Kim Taehyung."

- the end