Chapter nine: A berry annoying lunch.

"Berry!"
I frowned but ignored the call.
"Berry!"
I twiddled with my pencil, determined to ignore Noah.

"Berry!"

"Berry!"

"Berry!"

A paper ball hit the back of my head.
"Berry!"
"What?!" I hissed, spinning around and pinning Noah with a tense glare.

He smirked from behind me and leaned forward.
"Hi," he whispered.

I snapped my pencil in half and turned back around so I wouldn't strangle him.

Ms. Pave wasn't here yet.
No surprise there.

"Berry."

I spun back around and threw one half of my pencil at him.
Noah sat a seat behind me. And Rachel couldn't save me because she was absent.

Curse her.

"What do you want Noah?" I growled.
"Oh say my name again." He said, that stupid smirk still on his face.
I gritted my teeth and turned back around.

There's no Netflix in prison. There's no Netflix in prison...

"So what'd you think about the Flame Riders newest video?"

I paused, then slowly turned to face him. "What?"
Noah grinned and leaned closer. "What did you think of the Flame Riders newest video? Berry. Or should I say, Shakira?"

My gut twisted and I swallowed the rising bile in my throat. "How...do you know about that?"
I asked nervously.
Noah grinned evilly. "We saw it last night."
By we, I'm guessing he meant him and his buddies.
I gulped and fiddled with the hem of my shirt. "Your a fan of the Flame Riders?" I asked.
I did not like the smirk that grew on Noah's face. He leaned back and crossed his arms under his head, making his muscles bulge.

"You can say that."
I clenched my jaw and snapped my all ready broken pencil again.
"Oh, and that dress by the way?" Noah connected his pointer finger and thumb together. "Excellent."

Noah was saved from my hands around his throat by the familiar knocking from the window.

Noah got up to answer it, leaving me fuming at my desk.
I'm pretty sure that smoke was actually bellowing from my ears.

                              ***

"So where's Rach?" I asked CJ as we walked to lunch.
"Home sick. She was helping out at the hospital and caught something."

I snorted at the irony of it and shook my head. "That do-gooder attitude of hers will get her in serious trouble one day." I said as we entered the cafeteria.

"That's why I stick to my perfect life of laziness."
CJ snorted at my comment as we took a seat at our table.

Today the school lunch was pizza. The only food that was terrible here.

It was legit soggy cardboard with cold cheese on it.

So both me and CJ brought lunch from home.
CJ eagerly opened his lunch box and began to dig threw it. "I am starv-" he was interrupted by a paper ball hitting his head of curls.

"Ow! What the...again?!" He wailed. I dove for it and snatched it before CJ could come around.

I smoothed it out and quickly read it.
Come sit with us.

I turned to see Noah's table watching us. They were snickering and talking, but watching us intently.

No. I scribbled, then threw it back.
There. If that doesn't stop them, nothing will.

"Who was it from?" CJ asked as he bit into his sandwich. I shrugged and opened my lunchbox. "Noah and his hoodlum friends. They keep bothering me." I explained.
CJ chewed thoughtfully. "Wonder why..." he muttered to himself.

I snorted. "Easy. Noah's an idiot and enjoys making people uncomfortable. The rest of them follow after him like little puppy dogs because no one else at this school likes them."

CJ blinked in surprise. Then shrugged.
He opened his lunch box again and pulled out a donut. It was chocolate glaze, my favorite.

But before he could offer it to me, it was snatched from his hands. "My favorite." Noah said, cramming it in his mouth.
Me and CJ watched in horror as the rest of the seats at our table rapidly filled up.

They sat at our table!
Our table! That's breaking the unofficial student rule of sticking to unassigned tables!
The barbarians!

CJ looked equally as uncomfortable. And it wasn't just because his donut disappeared.
It was because one of the guys that was sitting next to him was digging threw CJ's lunch box. The dude had long shaggy blonde hair that fell into his face as he rummaged threw CJ's food.

I frowned and held in a curse word as Noah sat next to me.
"Heya Berry." He greeted with a smirk.
"Noah..." I growled, slowly setting down my fork. "To what do we owe the pleasure of having you gentlemen at our table?"
I said sweetly with a smile to match.

Noah grinned, showing perfect teeth. "You didn't want to come sit with us, so we came to you." He said as if it was simple logic.

I curled my hands into fists. If I couldn't force them to leave, I'd have to try a different way.

"Of course I couldn't sit with you, I'd never leave CJ." I cooed as I leaned my head on CJ's shoulder.

A boy sitting across from us with light brown hair snorted as he slurped on a juice box. "He your boyfriend?" Juice box asked, nodding toward CJ.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Noah perk up with interest.
Oops! My devil horns came out...oh well.

"Maybe," I purred, continuing to rest my head on CJ's shoulder. "Maybe not." I added. "Maybe not, maybe."

Juice box grinned with the straw still in his mouth. "Wheres the other girl? The Ms goodie two shoes?" He asked. I decided that I liked this guy. He just seemed so innocent, slurping on his juice box.

"Rachel's out sick." CJ blurted, seemingly proud that he was able to speak.

Juice box nodded, chewing on his straw.

"Where's the junk food?" The long haired blonde boy grumbled, still hunting threw CJ's stuff. "God man, do you even know what a soda is?" Mr Thief asked. The others chuckled as CJ looked down at his lap.

I leaned over and snatched his lunch box back. I shot a glare at Mr Thief before shoving it in CJ's chest.

I turned back to my lunch only to find Noah digging threw it. I lunged for it but he only held it above his head.

"Noah!" I growled. "Give it."
Noah looked down at me in mirth. "No." he clicked his tongue and continued to look threw my stuff.

I jabbed two fingers into his hard side, the effect was satisfactory. He hunched downward and I plucked my lunch from his hands.
"Back off, bully." For good measure, I stuck my tongue out.

"You better put that tongue away Berry, before you give me ideas." Noah warned as his friends began to laugh.

I tucked my tongue away and turned to CJ. He shrugged helplessly.

"So what's your name?" Came a new voice. He had dark purple hair and shy blue eyes. He looked adorably childish.
I grinned and offered him my hand. "Hanna."

Purple hair grinned shyly back and shook my hand. "I'm Quinn."

"Bruh! You got Quinn to speak!" Juice box exclaimed. Mr Thief looked over to, biting into CJ's apple. "Wait really?" He looked between Quinn and me. "What else can you do, hot stuff?" He asked, eyeing me.

I raised an eyebrow. "I have been known to bash people's balls in if they annoy me." I said innocently. They all winced and looked at CJ, who nodded. "It's true." He said.

But that's a story for another time...

A/N: I HAVE BEEN HOME SICK FROM SCHOOL FOR AN ENTIRE WEEK!

Until next time my little riders!
~Tully🍿