||CHAPTER SEVEN||

‘Oh.My.God.’ I said to myself as I saw Lux walking past with her arms linked with Jessica. So now she had decided to join the bitchy side. Fabulous. I knew I was going to get hate much more now because of Jessica coming along. I hadn’t spoken to Ash in at least a week, well what was there to talk about? I don’t think that he knew what the situation was so I should just ignore him and not tell him what had happened.I walked to corridors alone with sleep in my eyes. I opened up my locker and found a note inside, The note read:

Meet me in the library at break

Yours truly A ;)

I knew who it was, It must’ve been Alex. I smiled and walked to my next lesson.

*SKIP TO BREAK TIME*

I trudged up the steps swinging open the door and walking towards the corner. That corner had a lot of memories, probably the most memories I’ve ever had in my life. Most of them were great but some not so good. I sat down eagerly pressing my back against the jagged bookcase.

“Hey” I heard a voice from above me, It didn’t sound like Alex.

“…Ehem. Hi.” I said bluntly looking up at Ash.

“Look, what’s wrong? I don’t understand what your problem is, I can’t control my feelings for you.” He said looking around awkwardly. “I mean what happened with you and Lux?”

“Ash, why can’t you see?” I said in a calm tone. “Lux really likes you and now it looks like I’m all over you when she’s meant to be my friend, friends don’t do that.”

“Oh w-“

“No Ash, There isn’t any excuses for what happened. And now there’s some fucking psychopath that’s trying to use me to get to you and I-“I broke down as he hugged me.

“Okay, okay calm down” He said with confusion in his voice. I wiped my eyes letting out a sigh.

“Star…” He started looking down.

“ W-what?” I said still a little choked.

“Do you l-…?” He said motioning what the next word could be.

“Ash I’m sorry…” I said looking down.

“No, no don’t be sorry it’s fine.” He said sighing and putting his hands to his head. “I gotta go, if you need me I’m always here okay?” He said raising an eyebrow and then grabbing his bag roughly and strolling out. It felt like there was no light at the end of the tunnel and that I could never get out of the mess I was in.

*SKIP TO AFTER SCHOOL*

I sat in the band practise, Lux wasn’t there so it was just me and the other guys. Alex motioned for me to go out of the room I gave him a quire look and agreed. I walked out of the room and stood along the side of the wall so they thought I had walked off. He walked out and pecked me on the lips.

“Alex” I said looking at him in concern.

“What’s wrong?” He said confused.

“I-I’ve really fucked up” I said holding my head in my hands and not looking at him. He pushed my chin up.

“Star, what happened. C’mon you can tell me” He said with reassurance in his face as he held my hand.

“Lux hates me” I said as a tear rolled down my face. He wiped it away.

“Why?” He asked looking at me.

“A-“ I was choked up and struggled to get a word out. He looked at me and waited patiently for me to finish. “Ash, he…” I looked down ashamed.

“What did he do? Did he hurt you?” He looked at me in concern. “I swear if he d-“

“No!” I cut him off. “He k-“

“You two kissed? What? What the heck Star!” He looked a little frustrated.

“No! It wasn’t like that! See nobody listens!” I said starting to storm off down the corridor. He grabbed me from behind.

“I’m letting you explain Star” He said, calm again.

“I didn’t want to but, He kissed me and Star was behind the bookshelf watching and she didn’t see the part where I pushed him away. He forced himself on me Alex I didn’t have a choice!” Tears were now rolling fast down my red cheeks. He held me tight.

“Shh” He tried calming me down. “It’s okay, It’s all gonna be ok.” He squeezed me. I dried my eyes and gave him a faint smile. Suddenly, he turned around and started to run to the music room. I started to follow then heard a huge thud.

“ALEX!” I screamed running into the room to see them fighting violently.

“STOP, STOP, GUYS STOP” I shouted trying to pull them apart but falling over beside them, I brushed myself and got to my feet not making a big deal of it even though I had bruised my arm from the impact of the fall. Luke grabbed Ash by his shoulders and pulled him back and Calum did the same for Alex. They stood panting with red faces. Ash’s lip was busted up badly with trickles of blood pouring out from an open cut and Alex had a black eye but did not have as much damage done to him. I held my head in my hands.

“Seriously guys, this is not a bloody wrestling match, what the heck is wrong with you both” Michael said eyeing up their injuries. Neither of them said anything but they both knew what this was all about. Ash pulled free from Luke’s grasp and running out slamming the door behind him. Everyone relaxed slightly.

“Well, band practise is over.” Luke shook his head as everyone packed up their stuff and left leaving me and Alex.

“Why did you do that…” I said looking at Alex’s black eye.

“Why do you think.” He said packing up his bag.

“I’m so sorry I-“ I cut myself off hugging him. He hugged me back. I used my hand to examine the damage to his face. We reached the nurses room where we picked the lock and walked in, I grabbed some ice and we snuck out again. I pressed the ice to the bruising as he cursed and winced slightly.

“Sorry” I apologised.

“It’s fine, you’re helping, no pain no gain” He said clenching his teeth a little as we both laughed a bit.

“Star…” He started, “I’m sorry about the fight but do you realise why I did it?” He asked looking into my eyes. I shook my head a little, I knew really but I wanted to hear it once more.

“Because I care, because I love you”