Chapter 14

Dan didn't get much sleep that night. He was just planning how he would confront Noah without Phil stopping him. He hurt his best friend so he would hurt him. When there was a knock on the door, he stood up, swallowing thickly as if to prepare himself. He swung the door open, glaring at the man behind it. As soon as Noah was in the apartment, Dan started to yell. "Who do you think you are?"

Noah raised an eyebrow, a little confused. "Noah?"

"Don't act like an idiot. You hit him."

"He was drunk. He couldn't even remember his own name. How do you know he wasn't lying?"

"Because I know you. You're a manipulative idiot."

"How come Phil took me back then?"

"Because you manipulated him!"

"Oh yeah? How do you know that? You have no proof."

"I don't care. You're not allowed to step into this apartment again.. ever. You should just run off to America and stay there."

"You can't control me."

Dan raised an eyebrow before beginning to hold up his hand.

"You won't."

"You're right," Dan dropped his arm back down to his side. "I won't because I won't sink as low as you."

"I want to see Phil."

"No. Leave."

"Let me see him."

"No." Noah sent Dan an angry look and that was when another man walked into the room, rubbing his tired eyes.

"Why are you shouting?" Phil asked, his innocent eyes open wide.

"Tell him I didn't manipulate you into taking me back!" Noah muttered.

"He didn't manipulate me?" Phil sounded very confused and he even tilted his head to the side, trying to figure it all out.

Dan sighed loudly. "I give up with you two!" He let out another frustrated huff before storming out of the apartment, still in his pyjamas.

-

"Don't be angry at Phil." PJ said, looking down at his friend who was lying on his sofa, crying his eyes out. His wails was hard for him to hear and he just hated to see his friend so hurt. "He is probably really scared." Dan didn't say anything, just staring into space. "Put yourself into his shoes."

"PJ, stop. I told you, I don't care anymore." Dan mumbled, shaking his head to himself.

"You do, inside. I know you do. You wouldn't give up on him; you love him."

"He kissed me and now Noah's his boyfriend. I would treat him so much better."

"See, you do care. You need to talk to him."

"No. If he wasn't happy, he'd talk to me."

-

"He wants us to break up and he'll do anything to split us up, I know it." Noah angrily muttered.

"No, he doesn't-" Phil mumbled, unsure of what to say.

"You just think he's perfect, don't you? Why don't you date him instead?" When Phil stayed silent, Noah shook his head. "You'd kill me if you left. I need you..." Noah began to slowly circle around the sofa where Phil was sitting, like a bird circling its prey. "It's either him... or me." Phil swallowed, his eyes widening as he shook his head rapidly, not wanting to choose. "Who will you choose? The man you love who will give you kisses and cuddles as you please or the man who tried to frame your boyfriend for something he didn't do." Phil refused to meet Noah's gaze, looking down at his lap instead. "Huh? Who do you choose?"