Chapter 7

"I almost hit him, Noah." Phil said in a monotone, staring at the still-open hotel room door. "I almost hit my best friend."

"He's not your best friend." Noah whispered, stepping forward and reaching out to comfort his boyfriend.

"Don't come near me."

"Phil, please, look at me. He deserved to be hit, he really did."

"No one deserves to be hit."

"Yeah, some people do."

"Do you think that Dan really did use me for views?"

"It's a possibility-" Both Noah and Phil were cut off in their actions as their names were called. At first they both thought Dan but it was definitely a girl's voice.

"Phil! Noah!" A girl then ran into the room, her breathing heavy as she leant against the wall. "I don't think Dan's okay."

"You're the girl Dan met aren't you? What are you doing here? And how do you know that Dan isn't okay?" Phil muttered and Olivia sighed.

"I was on the phone to him and he told me about what happened and, long story short, he thought I called him a liar as well and he sounded really upset. Then he hung up."

"What if he dies and it's all my fault?"

"We need to find him."

-

Dan was silent. He was no longer crying but silently staring out into the lake, his mind blank. He wasn't entirely sure what to do- wait. He had an idea. He jumped up, before running from the lake back in the direction of the hotel.

He had to push himself forward as he ran because he wasn't used to exercise at all. But, once he got to the hotel, he was more than proud of himself. He ignored the elevator and raced directly upstairs, heading for his room. When he got there, he shoved open the door to find that Olivia was with Phil and Noah.

"Dan!" They all exclaimed at the sight of him. He just looked more than confused as he stepped back his eyebrows raised.

"Olivia? What are you doing here?" Dan gasped, walking passed her to find his wallet was exactly where he left it, on his bedside table. He snatched it from the surface and glared at everyone in the room (making sure to direct most of it at Noah).

"I was scared.. I thought you were going to hurt yourself." Olivia responded, her voice small and weak to show how afraid Dan was making her.

"I'm not that stupid," Dan retorted. "Bye everyone. Cancel the tour or whatever, I'm leaving!" (This isn't the right time but I'm laughing so hard)

"Dan, that's stupid. It will take you ages to buy the correct ticket and leave, you know." Noah muttered, making Dan clench a fist.

"What do you know? You're the reason I'm leaving, after all. Without you, Phil and I would still be cuddling and we'd be happy but no. You had to come along and ruin everything."

"Don't say that about him!" Phil chipped in, stepping forward and glaring at Dan.

"He's been threatening me and you had no idea. You're so blinded by his apparent 'perfect ways' that you don't realise your best friend is suffering."

"Dan likes-" Before Noah could even think about saying Phil's name, Dan jumped forward and clasped his hand over Noah's mouth.

"Don't you dare say it."

"You like someone?" Phil whispered. "That's not a bad thing, who is it?"

"I can't say!" Dan let go off Noah but only so he could drop to the floor and pull his knees to his chest.