Chapter 6

"I can't believe he'd do that!" Phil sobbed as Noah slipped an arm around his shaking figure.

"I know.. it's not nice at all. I would never expect that from him." Noah mumbled in response, bringing his hand through Phil's hair in a gentle, comforting way.

"What else has he lied about?"

"I don't know but he doesn't exactly seem like the best friend.. does he?"

"No.. no, he doesn't. At least I have you."

"I'll never lie to you, Phil."

"I know. I trust you... should I message him?"

"Why would you do that?"

"To make sure he's okay. For all I know he could be hurting himself right now, Noah. He could be dead and it would be all my fault."

"Go on then." Phil took out his phone and opened Dan's contact.

-

Please come home. You need to explain.

Dan showed Olivia the message as further tears proceeded to plummet down his pale face.

"Dan.. you need to speak to him. Is there something you haven't told me? You don't entirely seem like the kind of guy to pretend to be sick to get attention." Olivia responded, placing her hand on Dan's knee in a comforting way.

"He has a boyfriend." Dan whispered and he heard Olivia gasp slightly.

"A boyfriend?"

"Yeah.. Noah and he is-" Dan's hands clenched into fists at his side at the sheer thought of Noah. Noah was trying to break up Dan and Phil, no one could do that! "The worst. I hate him so much!"

"Why do you hate him?"

"He knows my biggest secret and he's using it to blackmail me." Dan's voice was shaking so much that Olivia had to concentrate to hear it properly. When she did figure out what Dan had said, she gasped before wrapping her arms around Dan. That made him cry again.

"Dan.. that is not okay. You need to tell him."

"But then he'll know my secret and he can't know! He can't!" Dan's breathing was picking up in speed and suddenly he was struggling to think straight. He felt extremely dizzy and it was a miracle that he hadn't collapsed yet.

"It's okay.. you're okay.. Phil won't find out, okay? Do you want me to speak to Noah? I can put some sense in him? I took karate for a year, you know." Olivia clenched her hands into fists and sent a punch towards the air, making Dan let out a harsh laugh.

"Thanks but no thanks. I should probably get going now before Phil thinks I'm dead."

"Okay, just remember, I'm only a phone call away." Dan forced a small smile and sent Olivia a curt nod.

-

"What am I going to say to him?" Phil murmured, leaning his head against Noah's shoulder.

"Tell him exactly what you want to tell him. Make sure he knows how much he hurt you." Noah responded, finding it close to impossible to not smirk or, at least, smile. Phil lifted up his head slightly and made eye contact with his boyfriend. He then leant in and connected their lips.

The kiss sent a needed buzz of energy through Phil's body.

"I'm sorry!" They both heard someone blurt out and broke the kiss to see Dan was standing in the hall way. His shoulders were bent and he was a little hunched over. His eyes were rimmed red, making it obvious that he had been crying most of the time he was gone.

"How dare you?" Phil spat, standing up and taking a threatening step towards who he thought was once his best friend. "Why did you lie? You can't lie!" Dan also took a tiny step forward, sending Phil a sad, apologetic look.

"I know, I know. I was in the wrong.. just hear me out-"

"Why would I give you the chance to explain? Six years we've been friends and you have the guts to lie to me? How do I know that our how friendship wasn't based on lies? You could have been using me for views for all I know!" Dan silenced, looking down at his shoes. He had no response and that only fuelled the fire burning inside Phil's chest. "Do you have anything to say to that? No because it's most likely true. Dan, I hate you! I hate you so much." Dan winced as he watched Phil's hands clench into fists. "I hate myself for befriending you. I wish we never met!" Phil then lifted up his fist, making Dan flinch. As Phil noticed that, he dropped his hand to his side, not wanting to hit Dan. That would make him just as bad, wouldn't it? He didn't want that.

The last sentence had done enough damage though. Dan presumed that being hit by a car would hurt less than having your best friend saying they wished you never met. Dan froze, his teary eyes meeting Phil's which were full of pure anger. "You wish we never met?" He whispered before slowly backing up and running out of the hotel room.

That was when Phil broke down for what felt like the hundredth time that day.

-

"Olivia. I can't-" Dan gasped, his whole body shaking so violently that it was hard to stand. "Phil hates me." Dan mumbled into the phone, his breathing heavy after running so fast.

"Dan, calm down. You're going to be okay." Olivia comforted.

"I'm not. Nothing is ever going to be okay. Phil hates me. He even told me that he wished we never met."

"That doesn't sound like Phil."

"What so now you think I am lying too? Brilliant. I am apparently a liar." Dan didn't think twice before loosening his grip on his phone and throwing it into the lake which he was standing in front of. Dan then dropped down to his knees and started to cry again.

-

"Come on, Olivia. Think!" Olivia thought to herself, trying her best to remember which direction Dan and Phil's hotel was in. She followed one of the roads she presumed to be the right direction. She walked down it for about ten minutes before stumbling across a tall, familiar hotel. "Yes! I am amazing!" Olivia muttered before racing into the building.

This again isn't the best chapter but ehhh