Chapter 6

We were currently in the car driving to the mall, since I was in the passenger's seat I obviously had the authority to choose what song should be played. I reached to the radio and settled on one of my favourite songs, Shape Of You by Ed Sheeran, I'm just so in love with this song. My head naturally nods to the rhythm of the song and eventually I start screaming the lyrics out of the top of my lungs with my charismatic voice.

"I'm in love with the shape of you, we push and pull like a magnet do."

"Ava, lower your voice, you sound like a dy-"

I smacked the top of her head, not too violently because I didn't want her to lose control of the steering wheel, but enough to make her shut up. Safety is number one priority. 

"What Astrid? What do I sound like?" I asked her innocently and batted my eyelashes.

"Nothing hun, you sound amazing" she said with a forceful smile, but I knew she was lying.

"That's what I thought." I hummed

The song was unfortunately coming to an end, and I had the urge to ask Astrid why we needed to purchase new dresses, it's not like we were attending a royal ball.

"Why do we have to buy dresses?" I whined.

"Don't you want to look sexy in front of Alec?" she grinned at me.

Well yeah, that would be a great since I would be able to catch his attention, but I didn't want him to adore me due to my appearance.

"No, I don't ." I state

"Sure.., but c'mon it's going to be fun purchasing dresses, you'll see!" She exclaimed.

We didn't speak for the rest of the car ride, it was a comfortable silence though. I don't know if attending the party was a good choice, I'm not one to go to parties. I despise it, when drunk teenagers make out in front of the porches and behave recklessly, it's just not my forte. It's a mystery as to why Xavier invited me. He acts as if we're strangers around others, but when it's just me and him, he behaves differently. This guy is 100% bipolar.

The car came to a halt, and snapped me out of my thoughts. I exited the car along with Astrid.

"This is going to be fun" She said and linked arms with me as we walked inside the mall.

The cool breeze instantly hit us as we entered the mall, Astrid began dragging me into Forever 21, Macy's, Zara, Top shop, and Old Navy.

My feet ached from all the walking we did. But fortunately I manage to pick up a simple black dress.

"Let's go to the food court" I suggested.

"Yas I'm dying to eat, it's already half past four."

We walked over to the food court and ordered McDonald's. We dived into the food as if we had been stranded on an island without any food, eating everything in a millisecond, ok that was an exaggeration but we were pretty quick.

..........

After Astrid dropped me off, I slipped into my comfy pajamas, and decided that there was enough time to watch some Netflix. My mum wasn't home since she was over in New York for her job.

 My mum wasn't home since she was over in New York for her job