Chapter 13 [Final Chapter]

Start from the beginning

            Annabelle lifted her hand to her neck wanting to touch her ring before she remembered that she had taken it off. It normally made her think easier. Wait! Then what was hanging around her neck? Annabelle unclasped her necklace and held it up. The chain was there but where was the ring? And who put it on her?

            It had to be Rashiq. Did he take the ring away? What was he implying? Was their marriage over? At that thought, Annabelle face lost all colour.

            "Are you okay, Anna?"

            "I'm fine, Josephine. Just thinking," Annabelle got out from her seat and walked toward the door. "I should probably say thank you to the prince, right? I'll go now."

            She left to the sound of Silvia's yell, "You lucky girl! The prince!"

            Yeah, how lucky.

            She walked up the stairs to Rashiq's room. There were only a few bodyguards outside the door today. What happened to the others? The bodyguards bowed before her again before one of the bodyguards handed her a note.

            Meganlicious, now. We need to talk. –R

            Did he think he could just order her around? That she would just come at his beck and call? Annabelle fumed with anger. She would go. Not to please him but to give him a piece of her mind. They really did need to talk. He was lying scum and he could go ahead and build fairytale castles with Hanna!

            "Can I refill your cup of coffee, sir?"

            "Yes, thank you."

            Rashiq glanced at the door of Meganlicious, waiting for Annabelle to walk in. He muttered his thanks again to the waitress after his cup of coffee had been refilled. He was just about to text his bodyguard at the dorm if the note had been delivered when Annabelle walked it. She stood at the door in a pretty blouse and shorts, scanning the room for him. She spotted him near the window. He stood up as she walked towards him. She did not look happy but he wished to change that soon.

            She sat herself down opposite him. Did she notice that he had picked the exact same table where they first met? He sat himself down.

            "What did you want to talk about?"

            "There are many things I want to say, how about you order something first?"

            "No thank you. Please, do speak. If not, I'll speak first."

            "Go ahead."

            Annabelle inhaled and exhaled. How did Rashiq still looked so gorgeous? She missed him like crazy. Seeing his face after two weeks – in a sober mood – made her heart beat faster but yet at the same time tore her wound bigger because she knew that he would be marrying Hanna, and that she was never going to be fit to be a princess no matter what she wore. She was no matter what, still a commoner. How did she ever delude herself that she was compatible with him? Perhaps in bed, yes. But in a  relationship; a royal relationship, he would never pick her. Logic beat her emotions, but it still hurt. At first she thought that it was his lies that hurt her but seeing his face brought the stark truth out. She was the one. She was no royalty. She would never know what to do. Even if she could delude herself into thinking that she might be able to learn all the ways of being royalty, the one thing she could never delude herself with was his love for her, or lack of love. The best she could do was to let him go. At least that way, she could still walk away with what remained of her battered pride.