Chapter 4

Dedicated to Sinaidkincaid16 for being part of my inspiration.

Chapter 4

            Annabelle woke up, feeling sore in certain places. She blushed as she remembered the night before. The sky was still dark when she woke up. She had always been an early riser. The bedside clock showed that it was six thirty in the morning. She had to get going if she wanted to be early to San Diego State College. Today was the last day before college starts, so, many people would be moving in. She gently removed the comforter from her body and left the bed. She took a quick shower and put on her clothes from yesterday. She casted a quick look at Rashiq. She wanted to press a kiss on his forehead but she didn't, this was just pure sex. Like he said, love wasn't part of the equation. She could not let her feelings get involve. She spotted a piece of hotel stationary on the work table at a corner of the room. She wrote a quick note for Rashiq before leaving.

            The bed was empty when Rashiq woke up.

            Where was Annabelle? He got out of bed and went to the living room but he saw no trace of her except her sweater. He trusted her but she left as soon as she got the money? How dare she? Furious, Rashiq stalked back to his room about to cancel the transfer of the funds, when he noticed her note on the table. His heart that had been beating faster slowed down. She was just going to move her stuff to the college. She had written down her dorm room number as well as her hand phone number for him to contact. Relief coursed through him. He hated that he felt relief. She was nobody to him. He only needed her to aggravate his father. With that thought in mind, he stalked into the shower.

            After coming out of the shower, he entered her number into his smart phone and dialed. She answered on the third ring.

            "Hello?" Her surrounding sounded noisy.

            Now, that she answered, he did not know what to say. How did a man speak to his fake wife?

            "You left your sweater." Damn it. That made him sound like a jerk.

            "Yeah, I figured. Can I call you back later? I have to move my stuff into the dorm room first. You have my dorm number if you ever need to find me. Actually, you know what? You can just mail my sweater over since you know my dorm number. I have to go, bye!"

            She hung up.

            Annabelle panted with exertion as she brought up her last box of items into her dorm. She was sharing a suite with three other girls, Maya, Josephine, and Silvia. They were all very friendly and welcomed her immediately. Josephine had moved in about three days ago and was the oldest of the four, she was twenty-eight. Maya and Silvia both moved in yesterday, and they were both a year younger than her. The suite had two rooms, two people in a room; a living room and a kitchen. It was very nice. She was sharing a room with Josephine as Maya and Silvia were sharing a room. After settling in, the four of them settled on the couch in the living room, and drank lemonade, each sharing a bit of their life. Josephine and Maya were both doing medicine. Silvia, mass communications. Annabelle was going to major in business administration.