Special Chapter

Dedicated to all of you who requested for a special chapter. I'm afraid there won't be a sequel as I think the story might become draggy. If you have time, do you mind rating this story out of five stars and leaving a review if possible? Thank you!

...and to DiyanaKMD as well for her newborn niece (Update: 17th July 2015)

Special Chapter

Arandia, 6 months later

            "Are you still going today?"

            Annabelle turned and look at Rashiq seated on the edge of their king sized bed and smiled. "Yes, I am." She picked a blue maternity dress and dragged it over her head. Rashiq lifted himself from the bed and walked over to help her pull the dress over her nine months pregnant belly. Annabelle chuckled, "I'm literally as big as an elephant."

            "Then, don't go. Just stay in the room and ask the chef to make you some food or the servants to fetch you anything you need," replied Rashiq. Annabelle walked over to the dressing table and selected a pretty necklace and handed it to Rashiq and lifted her hair before turning around. "Rashiq, we've discussed this. Father left me in charge of the deal with the American consulate and despite this big belly of mine," she gently rubbed her hand over stomach, "I'm still going to close the deal today."

            Rashiq clasped the necklace behind Annabelle's neck and walked around to face her. He grabbed her hands in his and lifted their joint hands to his lips. "I know you take your duties very seriously, but I'm sure father understands and might even want you to stay home today. You will be giving birth anytime soon. I just want what's best for you."

            Annabelle smiled, "I understand but I'm still doing it. I'll be careful Rashiq." She lifted one hand to his cheek before rising on her toes to plant a soft kiss on his lips. "Trust me. I'll call you if there's even the slightest nudge from the baby. So, don't worry okay?"

            "Okay, go, then. Be careful and call me immediately if there's anything. As for the worrying part, it will never happen in a million years. As long as my heart is yours, I will always worry about you."

            Annabelle sighed. How this man can still make her swoon for him, she never knew. She gripped his nape and pulled his down and kissed him thoroughly, tongues and all before pulling back with a smile. "I love you too." Rashiq smiled. Annabelle disentangled herself from him and walked over to their walk in closet and selected a warm sweater. Walking back towards him, she tugged the jacket on and grabbed her purse and lifted her hand to his. "Shall we? We are going to be late soon."

            They exited their room and walked down the corridor. It had been about four months since Annabelle moved to Arandia for good. She had completed her course in university and decided to move here when her stomach began to show. At first, it was a bit difficult for her to follow the rules of the palace and the responsibilities that came with being a prince's wife, but with the help of her father-in-law and Rashiq, she managed to handle her royal duties. She still made mistakes now and then but she learned from them. Lately, Rashiq had been getting more protective of her because of the child she carried. She was in her nine months already and the baby could come out anytime.

            She rubbed her fingers over their rings on their joint hands and smiled to herself. She could understand why Rashiq was more worried today than normal. Today was her official delivery date and so happened, the palace was having several visitors. The American consulate was a lady and Rashiq's father felt that having a lady represent them showed that females were highly esteemed in Arandia as well, which would perhaps help in their joint convention in organizing study-exchange programs for the people of Arandia with the American society. Rashiq was especially busy today as well. He and his father were scheduled to meet the head of the nation's security to discuss future plans for the country's safety, followed by lunch with the ambassador's of the Asian countries that reside in Arandia. She knew that Rashiq was worried that he would be too busy and not be able to be there for her.