"Rashiq," Sara sighed. "Why are so hell bent on proving that you don't feel anything? It's normal to feel. It is not weak."

            Rashiq cursed under his breath. Sara always saw too much.

            "Is this about my getting married to Fikri?"

            Sara pushed his hair away from his forehead before lifting a hand to his cheek, "Rashiq listen to this. I'm only going to tell you once. I've never told you before because you were too young before but now, you know how to differentiate right and wrong, so listen. Like you said you are an adult already."

            Rashiq looked at his sister before nodding.

            "When I was nineteen, father sent me to America to study. I always wanted to pursue my dreams out of Arandia. I was so young. I dreamt of love. But I never knew the dangers the world possessed. I fell in love quickly with a boy over there. We had sex. I got pregnant and he disappeared without a trace," colour drained from Rashiq's face, "When I came back crying to father, father had to think of something quick. He could not let people know that I was pregnant with a child, with no father. You were away at Harvard at that time and I told father to never let you know because you had this image of me that was so innocent and I did not want to crush it. I did not want to let you know what a failure I was."

            Rashiq hugged his sister, "You are not a failure. God! You were still a child back then!"

            Sara laughed, "Thank you. Can I continue now?"

            "Yes."

            "It just so happened that when I came back, not a few days after that, a sheikh from a neighbouring country had come to visit. Father saw that he took a liking to me. He spoke to father, asking for my hand in marriage. Father told him about my condition and he told father that he would raise the child as his own. That man was Fikri. And so we were married. You were right. I did not love him at first. I only came to love him later. You see, after marrying him for five months, I lost my baby. Doctors said that it was pregnancy stress. I was crushed. Fikri was there with me. I came to realize that he actually loved me despite the age difference. Now, that they baby was gone, I did my best to be a fulfilling wife to Fikri. I noticed every little thing he did to make me forget about the baby. He would occasionally make breakfast for me, sing a little," Sara laughed, "He had a horrible voice. 'But at the end of the day, he was there for me. I realized I was falling for him with every little thing he did for me. Sometimes I ask myself, he was by no means ugly, in his country, he was quite a wanted bachelor, so why did he picked me? I asked him once and he said he fell in love with me at first sight. No doubt my love wasn't at first sight for him but I really love him now. And the proof of our love for each other is in the baby that lies in my stomach now."

            "You're pregnant?!"

            Sara smiled, "Yes, I'm pregnant. That was the whole purpose of my trip here; to tell you and father."

            "I know Rashiq, sometimes it is better to keep your feelings to yourself sometimes but if you just let go and feel, trust me, you will be happier. I'm happy now. I know you feel its father's fault or that he forced me to marry Fikri but it's not. Father helped me find the love of my life. So stop making father or my marriage as an excuse for you not feeling –"

            "Sara!"

            Rashiq and Sara both turned at the sound of the voice and saw Fikri running towards them.

            "Hello Rashiq. It's great to see you. Did Sara tell you our good news?"

            Sara smiled and stood up, clasping her hands in Fikri's. "Yes, I did, honey."

            "Father wants to see both of us."

            "Okay," Sara replied.

            Rashiq looked at the both of them. He looked at Fikri as Fikri bent down to rub Sara's tummy, love shining in his eyes. Then, he looked at Sara. The both of them were happy because they felt.

            Sara looked at Rashiq.

            "Chase after your girl, Rashiq. Trust me, you won't regret it. You may not love her yet but you do feel something for her. Search deep within you. You'll know what I'm talking about. 'For now, Fikri and I have to take our leave first. Father wants to see us."

            Sara walked forward and planted a kiss on Rashiq's forehead and whispered, "Mama would have been proud of you no matter what you do. I love you Shiq-Shiq."

            Rashiq's looked at Sara and Fikri as the both of them walked hand in hand into the palace. They loved each other. All this year's he had been blaming his father for nothing. He thought his father cared not for his family when he had done everything he could to protect his family. He had protected Sara. Rashiq was wrong. He was so wrong.

            Annabelle.

            The name appeared in his head. What he felt for her...he did not know if it was akin to what Fikri felt for Sara but all that Sara had said only made him realize one thing: He had feelings for Annabelle. That would explain why he missed her. He missed her laugh, he smile, her just talking to him about anything. Now that he allowed himself to admit that he had feelings for her, he knew what he had to do.

            He took out his phone from his pocket and dialed.

            "Prepare the plane. I'm going back to San Diego."

Edited on 11th June 2015