The window rolled down and Rashiq's face appeared. "Get in. I'll drive you back."

            Annabelle entered the car and the car continued towards the dorm. His face was void of emotion. She did not understand him. One minute he was seducing her from across the café and the next he was angry as if someone had stolen his favourite toy. She twisted her hands.

            "Are we still going to Arandia next week?"

            "Yes. Why? Did you change your mind?" Somehow the way he said it seemed like there was a jibe in there. What did she do?

            "No."

            "We'll meet at the airport next Monday then, so that it would seem inconspicuous."

            "Okay."

            The air was so thick with tension that Annabelle could choke with it. What made Rashiq return to the cold man he was every time he mentioned his father? He did not once speak of his father or what happened during his stay in Arandia since he came back from Arandia months ago. What could have made him change?

            The car stopped in front of the dorm and the both of them got out without a word. The silence was probably the loudest thing the both of them heard that night.

            Rashiq did not speak to Annabelle for the rest of the week. Every time she tried catching his eye, he avoided her. She could not do anything about it because some people were starting to notice. He did not answer her calls or replied to her messages. What did she do wrong?

            The question was; when did she start questioning herself for what she did wrong because of a male? She was twenty-four years old! She would not let Rashiq make a play of her emotions. If he was pissed off for reasons unknown, he should be the only one pissed off. Her emotions were never part of the equation. She had been falling into Rashiq's web all this while; perhaps a little separation would do them good.

            Rashiq could not understand his feelings. He had no feelings for Annabelle so why did he feel like smashing something every time she speaks to Jason? He was irritated just thinking about it. It should not disturb his relationship with Annabelle. So, why was he avoiding her then?

            They met at the airport on Monday morning. The weather was good. Rashiq seemed to be in a better mood himself too. He had become his usual, playful self and it was relaxing. The flight to Arandia was supposed to be for five hours.

            "What if I puke?"

            Rashiq chuckled. "Don't worry; I'll hold the paper bag for you."

            "Eww...that's gross. I will try not to puke."

            "I should be the one saying eww. Come on, let's go, our pilot is waiting."

            "Wait. Did you say our pilot?"

            "Yes, we are taking the country's private plane."

            "You didn't tell me!"

            "Yes, I did but you weren't paying attention because you were too busy thinking of ravishing my bod –"

            "Rashiq!"

            "Come on, let's go before people start recognizing me and wonder who's the crazy woman harassing the prince."

            It seemed so easy to read manuals and books like 'Planes for Dummies' but sitting in one for the first time is never an exciting experience. It's always more of the paranoia that the plane is going to crash that freaks a first-timer on the plane out. Annabelle gripped Rashiq's hand tight in hers as the plane went rose in the air.

            He chuckled at her serious expression and joked, "Do you need the paper bag?"

            She glared at him. "No."

            "Okay, okay," he lifted his hands up in mock-surrender, "Do you want me to distract you from the fact that the plane is going up?"

            "How? It's not like you can –" Rashiq kissed her.

            Shocked, Annabelle stared at Rashiq before her eyes slowly closed as Rashiq gently coaxed her lips opened and her tongue out to play. It had been so long since they had shared a kiss. She was glad his mood swings were over. The kiss was gentle, just a simple meet of two mouths. His tongue gently explored her mouth. She whimpered and tried to get closer to him. She missed this. Missed the feelings he created within her when he kissed her. He was the only one who could create those feelings. He gently pulled his lips away.

            "You can unbuckle your seatbelt. The plane's already airborne."

Edited on 10th June 2015