Part 7

P walked towards A and gave her a back hug. 

Thank you for giving me some time.

Anytime. Feeling better now?

Yes. Just needed a moment to gather myself.

Don't stress over it P. Not worth the little time that we have left. By the way, there is something that i want to get off my chest.

Okay. I am all ears.

Remember during the second year of college when you had just broken up with your twenty-sixth girlfriend and you were looking for a rebound in the University campus with me?

Yea?

And there was this girl who caught your attention and you wanted me to go and talk to her on your behalf.

A, what is all this?

Just listen. So when i went to talk to her from your side, I told her that you were a total douche-bag and that she should stay as far away from you as possible.

WHAT?!

Yea. I am so sorry but i really hate it when you make me go talk to some random girl for you. 

Wait a minute. So this is why she came to me, said 'fuck off' on my face and walked off. Till date, I never really understood why she did that but it makes sense now.

 I am so sorry P.

Its okay. You know you could have just told me you didn't like it. I would have never pushed it on you.

I know but you are my best friend and I don't like saying no to you.

Aww you got me all emotional A. Come here, give me a hug.

Ha Ha. You wish. 

Well, maybe i should get something off my chest too.

What is it? 

Remember in 2nd semester, your physics assignment suddenly disappeared out of the blue even though you had submitted it?

Don't tell me you stole it!

Worse. I tore off the front page with your name on it and attached a new front over it with my name.

You have got to be kidding me! Why?!?!

The assignment was too lengthy plus I was too lazy to do it. Moreover that time we weren't even friends.

I wouldn't do that even to my enemies!

I know because you come under the 'ones who would actually do the assignment' category.

I am not in the mood for jokes P. I am really mad.

Well I did feel really bad for doing that. So to make up for it I wrote a one page assignment and submitted it under your name.

You submitted a one page assignment to make up for my 20 pages assignment. Really smooth P, really smooth! 

Sorry A. I know it was immature of me to do that.

However considering the fact that you, Mr. P, wrote an assignment with his own hands, that to not for himself but for me, I am flattered! And keeping this in mind, I shall forgive you.

Ha ha. You are weird.

I am not the one who stole someone's assignment. Promise me, you will never ever do it again!

I promise. But will there be another time?

Hmm. There won't be.

--

The air was once again silent. We could hear each other take deep breathes, preparing ourselves for what was to come. For a moment, we had forgotten why we were up here but it was all clear now. We were scared because this might be the last memory that we shall share together but none of us wanted the other to feel the fear that was growing inside us. So we just smiled and stared at the starry night.