Part 4

Do you want to talk about it?

Talk about what?

Talk about what happened this time that triggered you. Did your parents fight again?

Hmm. They did. You know I thought I would be really used to it by now considering the fact that they have been fighting almost every other day for the last 13 years. But somehow, it still gets me. I hate myself.

It has nothing to do with you. They are fighting because of their own issues.

I am jealous of you P. You have one of the most amazing parents in the world. Your mother is so sweet and caring. You know when she calls me her daughter, I feel so happy. Even after having an hour long conversation with her, I crave for more. I wouldn't be surprised if I find out I have talked more to your mother than I have talked to my own in my entire life. 

Hmm.

What's wrong P? Do you disagree?

You don't know my mother like I do, A. Yes, she is sweet and caring but she is also a devil.

P! Don't say like that.

Oh please A, spare me that look. We both know you have called your mother worse. Look, you are an outsider. Obviously she is going to be sweet to you. Do you really expect her to behave in the same way she does to my brother and I?

And how is that she behaves to you and your brother?

Remember that one time about two years back when I had fractured my left foot and I told everyone that I had slipped on the stairs?

Yea. What about it?

A, I hadn't slipped. My mom broke my foot. She hit me with an iron rod.

What the hell are you saying? Why would she do that?

Because I stole her car and went out for a ride with my friends.

Oh my God P. Are you serious? That is extreme!

Yea and then as an apology she bought me an expensive watch. You know that's how parents think things work. First, you can beat up your kid and then set it right by giving lame excuses like 'Oh you know i didn't mean it' or 'You know i was just angry. I did it for your own good' and offering some gifts. 

The only thing they are setting right is their inflated ego.

Exactly. They are at peace but what about the kid? The damage has been done.

Hmm. I am sorry P, I didn't know.

Tell me something A and be honest. About three months back when you had dislocated your shoulder, it wasn't because of volleyball practise right?

Umm..