Chapter 4

I sat down with Haley and spoke with her about why she was here. She told me that she too had earned enough credits, and the school told her that on her first day after summer break. Her parents found out and kicked her out so that "they didn't have to deal with her." She moved here a month ago and got an apartment here, but decided to surprise me on my birthday. She saw me with Pete and Patrick about a week ago and practically hunted them down to find me, and set this whole thing up. And nobody said a word.

"Wow." is all I said. She laughed as I stood up to walk over to Patrick. It was about two now and all the boys except Patrick, Frank and Gerard had left. My mom gets off at two fifteen, so we're just kinda sitting around waiting for her to come home. I sat down next to him and laid my head on his lap. He smiled down at me and started to stroke my head gently. I smiled and closed my eyes, trying to get in the slightest amount of sleep before my mother got home. Patrick kept stroking my hair and I kept letting him. I felt him move and lean over me. I moved my head back to face him and looked into his eyes. He was only about five inches away from my face. I smiled widely and pulled his head down, connecting his lips to mine.

He moved his lips slowly against mine, and I did the same to him. I could feel him smiling into the kiss, so I couldn't help but do the same. I pulled him into me more and deepened the kiss. I pulled away and looked at him for a second, before closing my eyes and leaning my forehead against his. We sat there for a few minutes before I jolted to the sound of the front door slamming shut.

"Happy birthday Luce!" my mother shouted from the hallway. I pushed Patrick off of me and sat attempted to sit up, failing and ending up falling back into his lap. He laughed at me and looked towards my mother. I looked up to see my mom staring at us with a grin on her face.

"Did I miss anything?" she asked us. I looked over to Gerard and Frank and blushed, remembering that they were there throughout mine and Patrick's make-out session just a few minutes ago. They were both smirking and looking at my mom. I looked up at Patrick and sat up, blushing even more when I saw my mom looking at us intently. Patrick stood up and walked up to my mom.

"Actually, Mrs. Jacobson, that' what I wanted to talk to you about." He grabbed her arm and took her to the kitchen. I sighed and dropped my head into my hands. I heard Frank chuckle slightly and felt two people sit down on either side of me. I dropped my hands and looked at Gerard, who was on my left. He grinned at me.

"Hey, it's alright, we don't mind." he laughed. I rolled my eyes.

"We made out right in front of you and you don't mind?" I asked. I leaned back into the couch and sighed again. "Plus I'm concerned about what he's telling my mom."

"It's not that obvious?" Frank asked. I looked over to him and shook my head. They both laughed. Frank started to tell me but Gerard cut him off.

"Let her figure it out." just then my mom and Patrick walked back into the room. Gerard moved and sat next to Frank, so Patrick sat next to me. I smiled at him ad looked at my mom, who was also grinning. Then Haley walked.

"Hey Angela." She said to my mom. She turned around to face Haley.

"Hey Haley. How- wait... What are you doing here?" She turned to look at me. I grinned.

"Long story. Tell you later." She shook my head.

"Wow, I did miss quite a lot."

---------------------------------------------

"Thanks for coming over, you three." I told Haley, Gerard and Frank as they walked out the door. They waved me off, so I closed the door and turned around to find the clock. It was eight twenty-four