- one -

A world.

A world where people have soulmates.

Each and every person on earth is connected, bonded to another one, wherever this person is.

A world where soulmates can communicate with each other through skin; everything written, sketched, or drawn on the skin, will appear on the soulmate's and disappear few minutes later.

That's her, that's the world she lives in. Y/N, 20 years old, Seoul girl.

She never understood any of this. Why, why calling someone a "soulmate" if you never saw, talked, met that person. It was totally a stupid thing she thought, and that's for that exact reason that she never tried, never tried writing anything on her body, never tried to know anything about that man, and thankfully, whoever her soulmate was, he never did either.

Mondays.

God she hated Mondays. Why? Because of University, because of all the idiots she sees there everyday. Of course she didn't hate everyone, she had a bunch of friends she stayed with, Lucy, her closest one, same opinion about the soulmate thing, same height, same hair color, basically, Lucy was the sister she never had, she could talk about anything and everything with her without the scary thought of being judge. Then there was Kate and Bonnie, the twins. These two had the complete opposite thoughts about soulmates and life. All they were thinking about was finding their "true love" and spending the rest of their lives with them, but besides that, besides their foolish dreams of love, they were the sweetest, nicest girls of the whole school.

Like every mondays, the little group met up in front of the Uni gates to greet each others.

Like every monday morning, everyone will sum up their week ends. Lucy didn't do much as usual, she went to visit some friends in Daegu, while the twins had the most exciting days of their lives, apparently. Kate's soulmate finally "answered" and by the way her eyes transformed into thin lines due to her smile, we could definitely tell she was happy, as happy as she was when her sister's soulmate drew a heart on her wrist for the fist time, and Y/N, well she stayed home, on her computer, killing the time, it was May anyways, almost the end of school, even tho she knows she's supposed to study, she can't help but procrastinate...

Sadly, the excitement of the twins was cut off by the annoying bell, signalizing that the first class was starting, that she will have to deal with the people that annoyed her the most, once again.

She sat in the back of the class, as always, avoiding the annoying girls who were always trying to write on her arm and the stupid boys, who were giving her weird looks.

That day was like every other monday, at least she thought.

She was home, all warmed up under her fluffy cover, and her lovely cat next to her, whom was waiting for some cuddles. It was past midnight, usually she was long asleep, but not tonight. She was too preoccupied thinking about her friend, her friend who was finally in contact with her soulmate. She found her reaction more than stupid, but she knew that Kate was completely different from her, and that to her that whole soulmate system sounded right, that it was romantic to communicate through skin, that it was amazing knowing someone is connected to you, that you belonged to someone.

She was patting her cat's head mumbling about how crazy this whole story was, until she noticed something unusual on her wrist, lighten up by the reflection of the pale moonlight through her curtains.

"P. J"

"No, oh hell no" she thought. "This can't be happening, everything was just fine, he didn't try to know me, to talk to me, why now, and why this, is this some kind of signature ? Does this person thinks I belong to him ?"

Little did she know that this person was writing the exact same letters at the exact same place every night at this time...

Here he was laying in his bed, looking at the ceiling and wondering. "Should I try to communicate with her during daylight ? Or should I just keep trying late at night ? If she doesn't try, maybe it's because she doesn't want to know me ? Nah, every girls wanna know about her "prince charming" right ? Aish, why is this thing even existing ! How are we supposed to love a person we don't even know uh ? That's bullshit !"

Every once in a while, late at night he will think about it, about what to do, and he will have the same conclusion everytime. "If she really wants, she'll do something first, anything" But it never stopped him from giving hints.

P.J – Park Jimin, 21 years old, that's who he was. Living in Busan with his best friend Jeon Jungkook who was slightly younger than him, both of them working in a coffee shop, near their flat.

He envies some guys, when he saw them with their girlfriends at work, smiling, laughing, and flirting  by writing sweet things onto each other arms. He envies their happiness, he wants to feel this too, to feel loved, to love, to see this sparkle in his partner's eyes, to see her smile, to be able to touch her, to talk to her directly.

He even envied Jungkook, this kid was communicating with his soulmate since High School, and now, she moved to Busan to be closer to him, he wanted this too, he wanted to love someone so much that he'll be ready to leave his friends and his family behind to go live with her. He wanted this so much, everyday a little more.

Wednesday, his day off. He was alone at home, Jungkook was too busy at his soulmate's house, just thinking about it, it drove him crazy. He looked at the pale skin of right arm, and sighed, he took a pen and without thinking anymore, he started writing.

"Tired of waiting, I wanna know you. P.J"

It was in the middle of Maths class, when she was half asleep that some crazy girl screamed out loud :

"OH MY GOD Y/N ACTUALLY HAS A SOULMATE !" Which woke her up immediately.

She looked at that girl confusedly, before seeing the black ink on her skin.

"Tired of waiting, I wanna know you. P.J"

That P.J again... But that wasn't the worst, the worst was that everybody was now looking at her, eyes open wide. She was like the 'rebel' girl who never wrote anything and no one ever saw something on her, so people started thinking that she wasn't like everyone, that she was just a poor girl without anyone meant for her. It was one of the reason that she thought those people were stupid, unluckily, she knew, she knew she was like everyone else, that she had her destiny kind of planned, and that the love of her life was somewhere on this planet, waiting for her to talk to him.

She quickly got off of her seat, and run to the bathroom, trying to clean up these words, but the ink wouldn't disappear.

"Shit, of course it has to disappear by itself..."

Anger taking the best of her, she took a pen out of her pencil case and wrote something back, to her own surprise :

"I don't want to, leave me alone P.J"

It was the same thing every day, Him being tired of waiting to hear from her, so he would randomly write stuff like "At least tell me your name, where you live" And her ignoring him, simply because answering him would be too easy and against her state of mind.

"Soulmates are just some type of fantasies, you can't just be in love with someone you don't know just because you're somehow connected to him" She wrote.

"And I just think you're too scared of this whole thing to even listen to your heart" He answered "You can't tell me you didn't want to know about  me, I know it's not true"

"We are connected and even if your brain tells you no, your heart tells you yes"

She didn't know why, but this man was true, even thought she hated to admit it, she thought about writing him more than once in her lifetime, just to know his name, or some details about him, but she didn't, maybe not because she was scared, more because she just didn't believe in that. She wanted to believe that it could be love, true love, but couldn't. So she decided to never ever try to contact the person she was connected to.

Until today