Chapter 43

Scarlett's P.O.V

I sat in the area in front of the courtyard and felt the cool breeze against my face. It felt good to be outside after spending awhile healing. It was quiet as I watched the fences. Getting tired of just sitting around, I got to my feet. Suddenly, a huge shot when off and I snapped my head towards a tank and a semicircle of cars. Standing on the tank was the bastard himself, Phillip.

"Son of a bitch." I muttered and pulled my pistol from my belt as the others rushed out. Daryl and I locked eyes and we moved towards the fence, him standing a little ways in front of me. "Rick! Come down here. We need to talk." The Governor shouted from his position on the tank as more people with weapons appeared from the tank. "It's not up to me. There's a council now. They run this place." Rick shouted back at him. "Is Hershel on this council?" The Governor asked and a woman moved towards one of the vehicles, pulling Hershel from it.

I looked over at Beth and Maggie as fear showed in their eyes. "What about Michonne?" He asked again. Michonne was pulled from the same car by a man and placed next to Hershel. "She on the council, too?" The Governor asked us and I moved pass Daryl, moving closer to the fence. "I don't make decisions anymore." Rick shouted. "You're making the decisions today, Rick. Come down here. Let's have that talk."

I looked over at Rick as Daryl gave him a small nod. Rick holstered his gun and moved to Carl. "We can do this. Alright?" He said faintly to him. I turned back to the Governor and tightened my grip on my gun as Rick made his way down, Daryl closing the gate after him. Me and Daryl moved to where Sasha and Tyreese were standing.

"We can't take 'em all on. We'll go through the admin building, through the woods like we planned. We ain't got the numbers no more. When's the last time someone checked the stash on the bus?" Daryl asked Sasha as we both still kept our eyes on Rick and the Governor. "Day before we hit the Big Spot." Sasha answered and I shook my head. "Damn." She nodded. "We were running low on rations then. We're lower now." She added. "Yeah, we'll manage. Things go south, everyone heads for that bus. Let everybody know." Daryl said turning to me and the others. "What if everybody doesn't know when things go bad?" Tyreese asked as me and Daryl moved away. "How long do we wait?" I tore my eyes away from the Governor and turned them towards Tyreese. "As long as we can." I said and walked past Daryl, glancing every minute at the Governor.

I holstered my pistol and grabbed an assault rifle from the bin that Daryl moved from the enemy group's sight as he handed one to Bob. "You good?" He asked Bob before handing him a gun and I watched him curiously. "Yeah." Bob answered, but Daryl still kept his gaze on him. I grabbed another gun and slowly moved it towards Maggie as Daryl gave one to Beth.

I aimed my rifle next to Daryl and Carl as the Governor shot two walkers. "He'll call a whole damn herd if we don't shoot his ass." I mumbled so that only Daryl could hear me. He looked at me and I looked back. "She's right. We should do something." Carl agreed. "Your dad's got it." Daryl argued. "They're talking. We could kill the Governor right now." Carl argued back and I glanced at the kid.

He has changed, he's almost...violent. "From 50 yards?" Daryl questioned. "Kid, you'll need luck on your side for that." I said as I watched the Governor. "I'm a good shot. I could end this right now." He murmured. "Yeah, or you could start something else." Daryl argued and I gave a slight nod. "Could cause bloodshed and we don't need anybody else dying." I muttered and felt Daryl's eyes on me. "You got to trust him." Daryl said to the kid as we continued to watch the Governor.

I watched as the Governor jumped down from the tank and grab something in his hands. "No." I muttered as Michonne's sword was placed to the neck of Hershel. It was still for minutes until it all broke. The Governor swung the sword into Hershel's neck and Rick's gun fired, hitting the Governor in the arm. My senses became alert as gunshots rang out. I fired rapidly as Daryl and Carl beside me did the same.

The tank began to crash into the fence as they hopped into their cars trying to pull down the fence. I moved to a better view and began to mow down people on foot as Daryl did the same. The tank fired behind us, hitting the walls and windows.

I looked down at the courtyard and could see the Governor punching Rick against the turned bus. I pulled away from my position as Daryl yelled after me. Dodging bullets, I quickly aimed back, shooting back and precisely hitting each person in the head. I quickly noticed walkers coming towards the prison and I felt a surge of pain go through my leg. I ducked behind a shielded area and saw that my right upper thigh was bleeding, a clean shot. I got up slowly and saw Michonne stab the Governor in the chest. My head turned as the tank fired again and then exploded in fire.

Walkers began to come into the prison and I got to my feet, destruction all around me. I limped to the woods dodging walkers as I made my way there. As I was almost there a gunshot rang and I turned to see a woman standing over the now dead Governor. I turned back and walked through the woods.

There was nothing left of the prison, it was a pile of rubble and walkers began to roam it's premise. The group was spilt apart, who knows where Daryl or Rick was or the bus. I needed to find shelter and needed to wrap my leg to stop the bleeding. Pulling off my long sleeved shirt, I used my knife to cut the sleeves and wrapped them around the bullet wound. I looked around the woods trying to find some sense of direction, but had no luck.

"What a great fucking day." I muttered and continued to limp on my way, hoping to come across some type of shelter soon.