11 | mr. and mrs.

11 | MR. AND MRS.

Amelia barged into the hospital

Amelia barged into the hospital. "Where is he? Where is Steve Rogers?" Amelia screamed at the receptionists.

"5th room to your left." She yawned, uncaring of the situation. Amelia ignore the sloth of a receptionist and ran down to the appropriate room.

She swung open the door and saw him laying there, face battered, knocked out in the hospital bed. Her eyes flooded with hot and angry tears. She ran over to him and placed her soft hands on his swollen face.

"What is wrong with you? Huh? You just want to die and leave me here all alone." Amelia sniffled, then placed her ear to his chest to make sure his heart was still beating.

A low groan rumbled out of Steve. Amelia turned to head up to look at him. "Steve?" She asked, placing a hand on his forehead making sure that he wasn't getting hot either.

"Marry me?" He barely whispered out.

Amelia was taken aback. "What?" She asked.

Steve fluttered his eyes open and bored them into Amelia's. "Will you marry me, Amelia?" Amelia blinked, processing his words.

Happy memories of them together flashed through her mind, and she knew that her answer had to be yes. Amelia smiled so widely, her mouth almost ripped open. "Of course." She replied.

Steve moved his hand over Amelia's, grabbing it. Amelia grabbed it back, thinking that he simply wanted to hold her hand— but, then he abruptly pulled her onto him and placed a small kiss on her lips.

* * *

5 months later: Paris, France.

Steve stood in front of Amelia, holding her hands tightly, admiring her beauty. The long ceremony was almost over, and Steve thought it went by too quickly. He spoke mindlessly to the pastor because he was too stuck in his own thoughts to be aware of his surroundings. I am marrying the most beautiful

"Do you, Steven Grant Rogers, take Amelia as your lawfully wedded wife?Do you promise to love, honor, and protect her in sickness and in health till death do you part?" The pastor asked Steve.

"I do." He smiled, squeezing her hands a little tighter.

"Do you, Amelia Joanne Stinson, take Steve as your lawfully wedded husband? Do you promise to love, honor, and protect him in sickness and in health till death do you part?" The pastor asked Amelia.

Amelia smiled brightly. "I do." She rubbed her thumb against Steve's hand.

"Do you have your rings?" The pastor asked them. Amelia nodded, then gestured Tony over. Tony stood up and brought the rings over to the two.

Tony wiped away a tear from his face. "There's something in my eye." He excused, causing the entire crowd to laugh.

Amelia placed a quick kiss on his cheek. "Thank you, Tony." She thanked. Tony smiled small and returned to his seat.

"I, Amelia Stinson, give you, Steve Rogers, this ring as an eternal symbol of my love and commitment to you." Amelia slid his silver ring onto his finger.

Steve held back the happy tears that were stinging his eyes. "I, Steve Rogers, give you, Amelia Stinson, this ring as an eternal symbol of my love and commitment to you." He placed her wedding ring snugly under her large engagement ring.

"By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride." The pastor smiled to Steve. Steve bit his lip then grabbed Amelia by the waist and gave her an astonishing dip kiss.

"I present to you, Mr. and Mrs. Rogers." The pastor announced, then the crowd of guests cheered.

For the rest of the night, their friends and the friends that they considered family partied, drank and danced. They had the time of their lives, and for the first time— they were all genuinely happy because they were finally able to forget all of their troubles.