2 | promise

2 | PROMISE

Natasha pulled up the car to the curb

Natasha pulled up the car to the curb. "Hey fellas." Nat rolled down the window of the car.

"Either one of you know where the Smithsonian is? I'm here to pick up a fossil." Nat joked.

"That's hilarious." Steve scoffed.

"Get in, loser. We're going shopping" Amelia popped her head out of the window, snickering.

"Okay, Regina." Steve replied.

The other man that Steve was talking to looked into the car. "How you doing?" He nodded towards Amelia.

"She's the other fossil I had to pick up." Natasha said before Amelia could even say hello.

"Time girl, right?" The guy asked.

"Something like that." Amelia rolled her eyes, realizing that she had never established a name for herself.

"Can't run everywhere." Steve smiled at the guy.

"No you can't." The man smiled with content for Steve.

* * *

They were flying over the Indian Ocean in the quinjet. "Target is a mobile satellite launch platform. The Leumarian star; it was sending up their last payload when pirates took them, ninety-three minutes ago." Agent Rumlow tapped at the screen in front of him as he spoke.

"Any demands?" from Steve.
"A billion and a half." from Rumlow.
"Why so steep?" from Steve.
"Because it's SHEILD's." from Rumlow.

Amelia absorbed the information that was given on the screen. "It's trespass, not off course?" She asked.

"I'm sure they have a good reason." Natasha nurtured over to Steve and Amelia.

"You know, I'm getting a little tired of being Fury's janitor." Steve mumbled back.

"Relax, it's not that complicated." Natasha said.

"What's complicated is this suit. When is SHIELD going to take the suit Howard made me out of the display case at HQ?" Amelia groaned.

"That, I have no answer to." Agent Rumlow said.

"How many pirates?" Steve asked.

"25, top mercs." Rumlow replied.

"Led by who?" Amelia questioned.