n/a | reservation

n/a | RESERVATION

"You look nice." Steve said as he sat Amelia down at the table, pushing her chair in. They had reserved that specific dining room just for the two of them.

"You don't look so bad yourself either." Amelia playfully smirked at Steve.

"I had this pressed for you." Steve pointed at his button up.

"—and I had Saturday Night Live recorded for you." Amelia responded quickly. The venue was a high class steakhouse in New York City. The waitress walked swiftly into the room with her notepad in hand.

"My name is Rebecca, I'll be your hostess for tonight. How are you doing this evening?" The waitress spoke kindly.

"Great." Amelia smiled. Rebecca smiled back.

"Can I get you two something to drink?" She asked.

"I'll have a glass of one of your top shelf reds." Amelia scanned the menu with her eyes, pointing to one of the wines. She jotted it down and then the waitress's eyes wandered over to Steve.

"And for you, Mr. America." The girl flashed a flirty look over to him.

"Make it a bottle of whatever she wanted." Steve responded curtly, looking away from her to Amelia. She got the hint and scribbled it down.

"I'll be right out with your drinks." She said, a little defeated, and left the room.

"Why did you do this?" Amelia said, looking out of the window in awe at the view of the city.

"For you, Amelia." He smiled sweetly at her, holding her hand.

"Watching movies would've been just fine." Amelia scoffed, jokingly.

"But, I wanted something better for you." Steve fumbled with the small box in his pocket, wondering if he should ask her now? later? never? The question was imperative to their future, and he didn't know if he wanted to risk it just yet. So, he just continued to feel the ring box in his pocket.

Steve stared at her. He was in love, and he had been since he had first met her. She was beautiful; especially on this night and he didn't know what to do but stare.

The waitress entered back into the room with their wine and jotted down their food order, leaving them again. Amelia raised her glass filled with red liquid.

"Cheers, to— us." She smiled.

"Cheers." Steve smiled widely in return, they tapped their glasses together. Then, they both took a sip of the drink.

"Oooo, this is really good." Amelia whipped out her phone and took a quick picture of the bottle for future reference. Steve laughed.

"Are you laughing at me?" Amelia nudged his shoulder. "At least I try to have taste." She giggled.

* * *

One meal and two and a half bottles of wine down; Amelia was pretty giggly. Steve had took her to their apartment, sitting her down on the couch next to him. She leaned her head on his shoulder and watched the skyline from their window.

"I love you." She said, looking up at him. He played with her soft hair, observing her delicate features in the dim light.

"I love you too." His lips twitched up into a half smile.

They sat in silence for a long hour. "Will you marry me?" Steve finally had the gut to ask.

But there was no response; and for a fleeting moment he thought it was because her answer was 'no'. However, when a soft snore escaped Amelia's lips, he knew that she was only asleep and that he would have to ask another time. But, he knew that they had all the time in the world.