XVIII

July 25, 2016

"Beyoncé we gotta go," Nicki whispered in her ear. They had only been sitting there for about 20 minutes.

"But I want to wait on Corey, we were suppose to go somewhere and talk." Beyoncé whispered back.

"Shawn's not coming back, come on I'll tell you in the car." Beyoncé gathered her phone and her clutch and followed Nicki out of the door.

Once they were settled in the car Beyonce turned to Nicki and she spoke.

"Where is Corey?"

"He's on his way home, according to Meek his mom had a heart attach and she didn't make it." Beyoncé's heart was crushed. Although she knew the relationship with his mother was rocky she knew he still loved her because that was mother.

"Take me to him," she said as a tear slipped out. She remembered how she felt when her mother died.

"Are you sure?"

"He said something to me in the Bahamas that's still rings true." Nicki frowned.

"What did he say?"

"I've been there for you, when you cried, when you were sick and when you needed me. The least you could do is tell me to my face that you're leaving me." She recited.

"Oh no Bey I'm not taking you to him so you can-"

"I'm not telling him I'm leaving, I'm telling him I'm staying. I'll be by his side. In the Bahamas he was my best friend and my lover. Nobody has ever treated me the way he treated me beside my brother. I never wanted a man like my father and he's nothing like him. I love him so much Nicki and I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I couldn't be there for him. Take me to him, I have to see him now. "

*

*

*

Shawn was in his home, sitting in his living room. The lights were completely off and he was just staring off in to space. He heard a knock on the door and the door bell ring but he wasn't going to answer. He had sent his staff home so he could be alone.

His mother was never good to him. Yet he felt like he owed her at least some type of emotion. But he couldn't cry, he couldn't do anything. He was numb to her death and didn't want to acknowledge it.

However, he was still sad. The constant arguments he had with her. The spew of hate that came from her mouth every chance she got and now she was gone. He should be happy. He should be throwing a party. He should be at a late dinner with Beyoncé right now.

He reach out and grabbed his shot of whiskey from the coffee table and downed it. He heard a the door bell again and decided to get up because he knew whoever it was they weren't going to give up. He stumbled towards the door trying to keep his balance.

He turned on the lights in the foyer once he reached the door. The person kept knocking and Knocking. He swung the door opened and there stood Beyoncé.

She still had on her dress from the met gala but that didn't matter what mattered is that she was here. He didn't understand why because he hadn't spoken to her about his mother. His face was hard and it showed confusion.