Go away

"Bella! Come on you can do it, you're almost there." Charlie exclaimed, trying to get me to move my legs on my own, something I had not yet achieved. 

"Dad!" I hissed, my cheeks red with embarrassment, "can you please just help me into the wheelchair, I'm doing fine with my recovery as it is." 

Charlie huffed slightly before giving me a small smile. "Fine, come on then," he replied, helping me swing my legs off the edge of the bed before picking me up and placing me into the wheelchair. "See, you almost did it there Bells, I felt that. Your muscles tensing slightly, that's what we want, right, doctor?" HE asked the young male doctor stood at the side of my bed.

"Yes, she's doing amazingly, we didn't expect her to ever regain motion in her legs ever again. At this rate, one day, you may even be able to heal fully and possibly walk again, although that will take a lot of training. Your muscles will have totally deteriorated by then, not trying to be a downer or anything." The doctor replied, reminding me of the harshness of this all, exactly what I was trying to avoid. Great.

"Well I'm going to find Ethan, Julia and Mitchel to give them these," I said, sniffing slightly, as I picked up the bag containing the chocolate and flowers before wheeling myself out of the room with a little struggle.

I wish they had done some more arm exercises with me, I'm already tired. 

I quickly found my way to the small staff canteen, knowing it was their lunch break at the moment and that they would be stuffing their faces. "Julia, Ethan, Mitchell" I called playfully while pushing over the light door to the canteen.

"Over here Bella!" Julia replied after a moment, drawing my attention to the far end of the cantine where sure enough, I could see her Mitchell and Ethan along with a few of the other doctors and nurses. "What brought you here at a time like this?" Ethan asked as I approached their table.

"What do you mean a time like this, it's-" I quickly checked my watch-"twelve thirty-two!" I exclaimed with a small giggle, causing a small stab of pain to shoot through my chest from the large gash still healing there. I ignored it.

"Well, this is a very important time for us, were eating, that's not something we can do whenever we want to unlike you little miss," Ethan explained.

"Of course all you think about is food. Anyway, I'm here to say goodbye I'm going now, remember?" I asked, watching the realisation hit them like a train in sync. It was funny, to be honest.

"Oh my gosh! How did we forget?" Mitchell exclaimed dramatically, making me roll my eyes.

"Chill, I'm not your only patient, here have these, I have to go now," I said, smiling while handing them each a box of chocolates and a bunch of the flowers which turned out to be tulips. I head the other doctors and nurses aww slightly as Julia blushed fiercely and Ethan and Mitchell suddnLy went very quiet.

"We'll miss you a lot Bella, call us anytime, you have our number still right?" Mitchell asked.

"Of course I do silly," I said, chuckling to myself and rolling my shoulders absentmindedly. 

"Bella! You in here?" Came a shout from outside. Charlie.

"And that's my cue to leave, bye I'll call you all later!" I called before quickly leaving. I have always been bad at goodbyes.

"Ready Bells?" Charlie asked as he began pushing me along the brightly lit corridors of the hospital, towards the main entrance.

"As ready as I'll ever be."