The denalies

It had been three days since my date with Edward and I was starting to fall back into my old routine with his family. Edward would pick me up in the mornings for school and drop me back home afterwards, if I wasn't going to his house after school that was.
The Cullen's sudden return to forks had sparked a bunch of rumers which the I had to deny to pretty much the whole population of forks high. The school students weren't the only ones who were confused about the Cullen sudden return, the pack were worried about the treaty, the saw me as one of their own and so did the Cullen's so after countless hours of meetings between the pack and the Cullen's - with me awkwardly standing in the middle - they decided to leave the treaty as it was after I raised the fact that technically I wasn't part of their pack and as much as Sam hated to accept it, it was true.

I was currently sat in the Cullen's large living room doing my trig homework. I don't really understand the big fuss about triangles, were never going to need to know any of this after we graduate. Edward and the rest of the Cullen's were out hunting as they said that some family friends were visiting tomorrow. Sighing, I gave up trying to figure out question eleven and made my way to the overfilled fridge. Esme had gone a bit over the top on her shopping trip but I wasn't going to complain, the look of joy on her face was too much.

I pulled a packet of mini sausages out the fridge and was about to start eating them when I was interrupted by a feral growl. Gasping, I realized there was five other scents in this room. Five vampires who I didn't know. Great.

I quickly spun on the spot and took a step back to push myself against the work surface. I saw that there were four female vampires and one male in the coven that had seemingly appeared from nothing.
"Erm... Hi?" I said cautiously.

"Who are you and what are you doing here?" One of the blonde females hissed.

"Well, as you can see I was about to eat something before I was so rudely interrupted and I'm Bella." I huffed, putting a mini sausage in my mouth.

"Well Bella, would you mind explaing what you're doing here, as in at the Cullen's house." The man asked, straining my name in an odd way.

"I'm waiting for them to get back." Was my simple reply as I picked up the pork sausages and made my way past them, to my pile of blankets which I had stolen from all the families beds. Its not like they actually need or use them...

By now I had finally realised these strange vampires were the Denalies. I should have guessed that immediately with the gold eyes and all I just wasn't thinking. Edward had shown me a picture of them all and told me there names, I knew Carmen and Elizer were the coven leaders who were mated and Tanya, Irina and Kate were the three 'daughters'. Edward had seemed a little uncomfortable talking about Tanya and I hadn't missed the smirks on his siblings faces as he struggled uncomfortably trying to explain her to me. In the end I gathered Tanya had a slight crush on Edward and after asking Alice and Rose, I found out it went a bit deeper.

Flashback

"So who are these Denali people? Edward seemed pretty worried when Carlisle mentioned they were visiting. " I asked Rosalie and Alice as they put me through another round of Bella barbie.

"The denalies... They're our consins of sorts, their leader, elizer is an old friend of Carlisle's and they share our diet. We haven't seen them in a wile as, well, one of them, Tanya has a major crush on Edward and he can only avoid her so much..." Alice explained.