37.

She stopped hugging me and sat upright again. Her eyes were watering. "In the hospital." She said quitly and looked down. I still tried to realize what was going on. Now she looked up and wiped the tears away with the back of her hand. Why am I in the hospital? Where is Joji? "Do you remember me?" She asked and as I shook my head she smiled but tears were running down her face. I seriously never saw that person. She had black, curly, shoulder length hair. Her eyes were as dark as Joji's and her nose was small. She looked asian but I wasn't sure if she really was. "I'm Marie." She said and swallowed she big clump in her throat. I felt bad that she was crying but there was just one question in my mind. "Where is Joji?" I asked and looked around. The room was full of cold and frightening vibes. Marie looked into my eyes and knitted her eyebrows. "Who?" She asked. "Joji. My boyfriend. Where is he?" I asked quickly and started to panic. The black haired girl took off the baseball cap and shook her head. "Y/n I... seriously don't know what you're talking about." I sat upright. "This can't be. This is not real." I said to myself and my eyes started to fill up with tears. "You've been laying in a coma for almost 3 weeks y/n. Do you remember anything?" Marie asked but I wasn't listening. My head was spinning and I felt sick. But... Joji... his kiss, his touch, his scent, everything felt so real. His voice in my ears, the warm touch on my skin, the taste of his lips. Tears started rolling down my face. Marie put her arms around me and I digged my face in her neck. I wasn't able to control my loud sobbing. "This can't be." I said with quick inhalation between the single words. "Shhhh. You're safe now." Marie whispered into my ear. But I didn't want to be safe, if that meant to loose Joji.

After almost 1 hours of crying my eyes burned. The doctor walked in and asked Marie to go out. "I'll pick you up tomorrow." She said and smiled. The doctor didn't speak a single word. He controlled my body, if I was ready to go home. I wish I could ask if they could put me back into a coma... but this was impossible of course. "How did that even happen?" I asked and looked up at him. My nose was running and he handed me a tissue. "Car crash." He said quickly and wrote something down. I raised my eyebrows, still not believing that Joji was an imagination. "You can go home tomorrow." He said and pushed his glasses up, just like Ian always would do. My eyes started watering again, as I thought of Ian and Max. But I held the tears back. "It's 7pm I would suggest you to sleep." He said quickly and left the room. I turned my head to the right and looked at the empty bed next to me. I wish Joji would be here with me.

The sun was shining in my face and I opened my eyes. I looked around in the room, hoping to find Joji. But he wasn't here. The door opened and the doctor from yesterday and a nurse walked in. The nurse was holding a tablet with food in her hand and placed it infront of me. She smiled and stroke my shoulder. "After your breakfast you are able to go home." She said and smiled brightly, to cheer me up but I wasn't able to even fake a smile. "Can I ask you something?" I turned my head to the doctor's direction. "One second." He mumbled and pulled his stethoscope out. He pulled up my shirt and as the cold metal touched my chest I held my breath. As he finished, he looked at me, so I would ask my question. "Who was that girl from yesterday?" The doctor raised his eyebrows. "She said, that she was your bestfriend. She never left your side when you laid in a coma. We sometimes even had to send her home because she dozed off on the chair, waiting for you to wake up." Now he smiled. "My secretary will give her a call and she will pick you up." He left the room and I looked at the tablet infront of me. I took the coffee mug in my hand and looked inside. It was as dark as Joji's eyes, as I poured a little bit cream in it the warm dark color faded away just like Joji.

The time passed away and the door opened again. Marie walked in smiling and gave me a hug. She was still a stranger to me, but her hug and voice were intrusted. "Come on we're going." She said and helped me out of the bed. My feet touched the cold ground and I couldn't find my balance and had to lean on the wall first. After a while I was able to walk again. Marie handed me some clothes and I changed in the bathroom. I looked into the mirror. My hair was greasy and I had dark circles under my eyes. I pulled the hood over my head and got out. Marie took my things and we went out. As we both sat in the car she looked at me. "I'm so glad that you're here." She said. I didn't answer. My gaze was lowered. She laid her land on my shoulder. "We both were best friends you know.." She started talking. "...went to highschool together in Wisconsin. Came here to Brooklyn, started college together." I couldn't remember a single thing. Marie smiled and looked down. "And that time you were so scared to leave your parents." She started the engine. "We always said that no one can bring us apart." I opened my mouth and felt how dry it was. "I'm glad that you're my best friend Marie." I said and felt, how my heart opened up to her.

We both stepped out of the car and infront of me there was the same penthouse like in my dream. Maybe Joji was living there? And I didn't meet him yet. A little spark of hope lit up in my chest and I walked up the stairs, exactly where Joji's apartment was. As I stood infront of the door I looked at the bell. But there was no name. No George Miller. I slowly walked backwards and felt how the cold wall touched my back. Even the touch of this wall, as he pushed me against it and kissed me felt the same. Tears filled up my eyes again but I blinked them away. I walked up the stairs with Marie and we both got into our apartment. The only thing I wanted to do was taking a shower and talk to my best friend.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. I love you all so much thank you for reading, sharing and faving. x