Chapter seventeen

Start from the beginning

"Adriana no-"

"Matt, just go!"

Matt lingered for a few seconds before he stood up and left, leaving me to still think about the events of today. My mind needed more time to get around this because it was a lot to take and on top of that, I wanted to leave this place.

I had so many questions but I don't think I'd get the answers to them because nothing seems to be clear to me and it never will be.

***

I sit on the white couch as I contemplate what the hell to do next. My teeth grind together as I glare at my foot also thinking about all the crap Matt could be.

Is Matt even his name?

My eyes widen at the realisation as I stop grinding my teeth and look up when I felt a stare. Once I look up, I was faced with a person that I haven't encountered before ever since I was captured here. My hands tremble in my lap as I watch her tender face just watch me; her eyes were soft as they trailed to my whole body from my face. I felt like this was not a staring competition I had with everyone else ever since I've come, this one just felt like she gave me a sympathetic expression and here I was, trembling non-stop.

This girl is very young; her honey blonde hair was combed neatly while her shirt was tucked into her trousers. Her small nose twitched a little while a small smile spread across her lips. In her hands, she held a bag and a bottle of water and she made her way towards me. I just curled up against the couch and trembled even more.

"Hey..I've come to give you a few things." She said with a wide smile and situated herself a few seats away from me. "Don't worry, I'm not here to hurt you. I'm Mia."

I look at her with teary eyes and watch her beautiful tiny face through a blurry vision.

"What's your name?" She asked,

"A-Adriana." I whisper as I gather myself and move away from her as she scoots closer. At this moment in time, I didn't care how my behaviour made these people feel like because as far as I know, every person that I've met ever since I've come here don't give a shít about lying, including Matt. My heart still hurt from the shock that I've experienced because of Matt; I still can't believe Matt would do something like that.

"I bought you some clothes and water.." she said and I watch the contents in her hand like as if they were something I've never seen before. I nod my head and feel my breath shaking as the silence filled the room. I glare at the floor and think about what's going to happen next, the next day or even next week because realistically, I can't stay here. I can't stay here if Dante does not want me here. "I'll leave..you to it..."

"No!" I tremble as I try to reach out for her. When she look looked over her shoulders, I return my hands to myself and frown up at her. "Don't leave me."

As much as I wanted to be left alone, I didn't because I felt as though she was the only source of company I would rather be comfortable with while I was here because everyone else here was intimidating. Mia was such a beautiful girl that I didn't appreciate the time I was given to properly examine her features so now that I've requested her to stay, I was going to take this opportunity to do just that.

Her full lips spread out into a smile as she sat back down. Her soft small hands made their way to mine and wrapped it around before they gave me an assuring squeeze.

"I promise you that you are safe here. No one is going to hurt you." She said,

"M-Mia... why am I here?" I ask,

"Adriana," she frowned, "I wish I could tell you why but I can't because I don't know. I have no idea why my brothers have abducted you. I want to apologise on their behalf. Sorry."