~ 1 ~

My name is Alexandra

I go by Alex.

My story doesn't start out happily.

My mother left my family seven years ago. I was ten. She never really paid much attention to me, and I mostly took care of myself. My dad had a period of grief. Then he just got distant. Two years ago, he decided I needed a mother figure in my life again. He got remarried later that year to a woman named Arabella. She's terrible. She has a son named Nick and she loves him very much, but she hates me.

Now I'm seventeen and about halfway through my last year in high school. I turn eighteen next Saturday. I honestly can't wait to get out of my house. I think that I'm pansexual, but my entire family is homophobic. So is basically everyone at my school. I get messed with enough at school. No one can ever know about my sexuality. I'll never hear the end of it.

Stuff about gay marriage being made legal is everywhere on the news right now. Arabella sits on the couch all day and watches the news, yelling her opinions on everything at the TV. Every time it starts to talk about the gay marriage and things like that, she starts screaming about how every gay or lesbian human is wrong and how happy she is that they get to go burn in hell. She says it's what they deserve. The first and only time I tried to defend them she hit me and yelled at me about the stupid failure I was. I don't say anything around her anymore.