A Break ✏ | Kim Taehyung

Angst | Fluff | Comedy

Text | Scenario | One-shot |

Plot: After witnessing Taehyung cheating on you, you decided to get a short break from him.

Tears threatened to leave your eyes. You stared at the handphone that was brightly lit in the dark. You re-read the text messages between a girl and Taehyung, your boyfriend.

Taehyung and you have been together just for a few months together. To you, it was a happy relationship. It was all rainbows and sunshine until you've seen the texts messages between you and Taehyung. That was when you realised Taehyung was not happy in the relationship, he was not happy that he decided to cheat on you.

You read the same text over and over again, wishing it was all just a dream. To your dismay, it wasn't as Taehyung wrapped his arms around your waist, as he burried his fact against ur back.

"Mmm, jagiya~ go back to sleep, baby," he whined, hugging you even tighter.

You wanted to talk to Taehyung badly about the situation that you had just witnessed but you knew he was too tired to do so. He had just finished practice with the others, since his comeback was drawing near.

"Babe~" he whined louder. "Go back to sleep,"

"O-okay," you spoke hesitantly, switching off your handphone and placing it on your bedside table. Holding his hand that was on your stomach, you smiled sadly. "Let go of me, I'll cuddle you, I promise,"

He giggled. Unwrapping his arms around your waist and moving over to the other side to give you some space. Once you have laid down, he immediately wrapped his arms around you again.

"You're so warm baby,"

You just kept quiet and burried your face in his chest. "You love me, right Taehyung?" You asked, not daring to face him.

"Of course I do! You're like my precious little diamond!" He giggled. "That doesn't make sense but I love you so much that I don't want to share you, 'cause you're my baby!"

Silence filled the room. You did not know how to reply to that. He was a dirty liar. You couldn't believe someone could actually be this heartless-- just lying straight to your face.

5 days.

God damn it, you should've noticed it earlier. How Taehyung rain check everytime you guys went on a date.

How he had come home late every night. He was late almost every single day but you knew when he had finish his practice by keeping track with the boys. Taehyung would only reach home about 2 or 3 hours later, despite seeing you on the couch, tiredly waiting for your beloved boyfriend.

You should've noticed how paragraphs turned to sentences. Sentences turned into letters and letters turned into nothing.

The door unlocking jumped you out of your trance. You slowly craned your neck to see Taehyung walking in.

"Taehyung..." you croaked out.

Taehyung stopped in his tracks, turning to see your weak state. "Babe? What are you doing here? Its 3am."

"I know. I was waiting for you,"

And that was he knew he had lost you. He should've realised how badly he had treated you. He regretted cheating on you.

"Oh...Well... let's go to sleep then. I'll skip work for you tomorrow, you should too." He said, sauntering nearer to you.

Liar.

"I know you've been cheating on me," you blurted out.

Awkward silence filled the room as Taehyung stared at you without any expression.

"Excuse m-"

"You're cheating on me," you spoke calmly, but inside, your heart was slowly breaking into pieces. "...why...?"

"Am I not good enough?" You asked, your eyes started to water. "Do I not satisfy your needs, Kim Taehyung?"

It was just...sudden. Taehyung did not know how to deal with this. He just wanted to sleep with you and get rest, but now... he did not know how to respond to... that.

"Am I... just one of your toy?!" Your voice started getting louder. You did not care about the neighbours if they heard you or not. Right now, all you wanted to do was to get it off your chest.

"No..no. Of course not. Never. I love you,"

You scoffed with tears streaming down your cheeks this time. "You said that to me everyday, but do you actually mean it?"

At that, Taehyung fell silent. Did he actually mean it? Or was it all just a damn joke to make you feel good?

When you saw Taehyung's face fell. You laughed, wiping your tears. "This was not meant to be." You stomped up the stairs, pulling out a duffel bag and filling all of your needs. Meanwhile Taehyung was desperately following you.

"Babe! Babe, no, please. Let me explain! Don't leave me," he cried. His face was read, mixed with anger and sadness.

Anger because he couldn't believe himself he would do such a thing to the most beautiful woman in the world. Sadness because, what would happen next?

"Y/N! Please, don't leave me baby! I need you!" He yelled, tugging onto your arm, pulling you into his chest. "Please don't leave me. I love you so much. I mean it," he said, cradling your head in his hands.

You couldn't help but burst into tears also. "T-taehyung...."

"Yes baby? What is it?"

"W-why would you do such a thing?" You sobbed loudly, wrapping your arms around his waist tightly.

You needed to let him go. After all, he cheated on you.

"I was dumb. I am dumb."

You pulled away from his grip, grabbing the duffel bag. You saunter towards him and held his hands.

"I love you," you said, tears still falling down Taehyung's cheeks. "But I think we should take a break,"

A look of despair formed on Taehyung's face. "No!"

"We're not breaking up, Taehyung," you sighed. "We're just taking a break. We'll... talk about this when I'm ready." You said.

And with that, you left the person you had once love and had trust in.