Chapter Thirty-Five

The entire family had helped us move everything we needed into our new house. Then Katty had kicked everyone out, saying she would rather put everything away on her own. We got Aisling's room put together first. Then our room.

After that I had assumed the next best place would be the kitchen, yet, Katty started working on the library and Jason started putting the entertainment center together. I just shrugged and got to work on the kitchen. Aisling came to find me after she found she couldn't help Katty and Jason.

I swung her up onto my hip. "Salut bébé."

She giggled. "Salut daddy. Puis-je aider?"

I chuckled as I plopped her down on the counter that separated the kitchen from the living room. "Of course you can help. I need your help finding all the pots and pans." I tapped the box next to her and smiled as she happily got onto her knees to open the box and dig into it. I let her pull things out and hand them to me to put away.

We got through several boxes that way, until Katty came out of the library and wandered towards the kitchen. She brushed her hand across Jason's face where he sat cross-legged in the middle of the floor, making sure everything was hooked up properly and working. He turned to kiss her hand as she went past him.

I smiled as Katty came around the counter and sidled up to me. "Hey lover." She leaned in to kiss me and I wrapped my arms around her. She grinned when I laved her bottom lip with my tongue. I jerked away when Aisling squealed an 'ew'. Katty laughed as she turned to our daughter.

"Look away bébé. I'm about to devour your father." I chuckled when Aisling slapped her hands over her eyes, then I was swallowing Katty's tongue. She hadn't been kidding. I half heard Jason getting to his feet and coming to get in on the action.

Katty squirmed between us as Jason pressed up behind her. I smiled as I watched Jason pull Katty's attention his way and demand his own kisses. Then we were all three gasping in surprise as Aisling shoved to her feet on the counter and jumped at us. She was gathered into our trio and I let out a breath of relief when she laughed.

"Fearless little thing."

Jason chuckled and leaned down to kiss her light blonde hair. "And just as eager for love as the rest of us."

Katty hummed. "And way past her bedtime." She shook her head and gave Aisling a chiding look when the little girl whined. "Non. Little girls need their sleep. Come on." She slid past Jason and hauled our daughter up to the third floor to the bedroom she had picked out.

Jason leaned into me, his arm winding around my waist to pull me close. He sighed happily and pressed his forehead against my temple as I watched Katty disappear. "You know, I never expected us to get here."

He pulled away when I turned to look at him incredulously. "You?! What about me?! I should probably have died a long time ago, yet I'm here with a child and two of the most incredible people. Lovers. And I have fangs!"

Jason chuckled and nuzzled into me. "Which are showing, by the way."

I frowned and made an effort to put my human face back on. I was still new at the control but Katty said slip ups would happen for a couple months. Then I wouldn't have an issue anymore. "Sorry."

Jason shook his head. "Don't be. Never again. Personally, I think it's kinda hot."

I snorted. "You think just about everything is hot. Including that time I was trying to feed Aisling her first jar of baby food and ended up covered in peach goop."

Jason tried hard not to laugh, putting on his best serious face. "But you tasted so delicious." He sobered as he kissed me. Then he was pressing against me hard, kissing me deeply, his fingers feathering down the back of my neck while his hips jerked into mine. We gasped when we broke for air. He pressed his forehead against mine again. "Are you truly happy here? You're not forcing yourself or just trying to make us happy?"

I smiled. "I'm happy. I don't have to force myself. I love you. You and Katty and Aisling." I pulled him in for another kiss and smiled at his whine of protest when I pulled away too soon. "Forever and always."

"As it should be." We glanced towards the stairway to where Katty was leaning provocatively against the wall. She grinned in invitation as her fingers slid down between her breasts, down her stomach, and tugged lightly at the button to her jeans. "Venir me garçons."

We didn't have to be told twice. Katty laughed as she raced up the stairs to the bedroom, prompting a chase. I laughed as we fell into bed and I wrapped myself in their warm love. I wasn't going anywhere. Not now that I had everything I had ever dreamed of.

Forever and always.