Sally

The summer was nice and warm that year, as always, brought warm to your skin. Light breezes swept to the neighborhood and made the days not too hot or cold. It was simply perfect weather. But there is one summer that Sally will never forget.

Sally was a young girl, eight years old, with long curly brown hair and bright green eyes. She was always polite, she never lies, and did she was told. Her mother and father simply adored her, they couldn't wish for a better daughter.

Sally giggled as she played with her friend outside they're home. Various games like hopscotch and jump rope. Even dolls and tag. Sally's mother smiled warmly at the innocent sight and wiped her hands on apron, calling out.

"Sally's come inside now, it's time for lunch!" Sally looked up from her doll and smiled.

"Okay Mommy!"

Sitting down at the diner table, Sally bounced from her seat, excited for who knows what. Her mother placed a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with the crust off, some carrot and celery sticks on the side, and a juice for drink.

"Thank You mama"

"You're welcome, sweetie." As the child began to take hold of the sandwich, her mother took a seat across from the girl and smiled, watching her eat. "Guess what! Your uncle, Johnny is coming over!" Sally looked up and smiled, the corner of her lips had peanut butter on them.

"Mmg! Muncle Johnny?" She repeated through her food. Her mother laughed and nodded.

"Mhm. He's coming to help daddy with his job and look after you, too. Maybe all of us can go to the carnival!" Sally chewed the rest of her bite and quickly swallowed.

"Can Sarah and Jenny come, too?" Her mother looked up and thought.

"Well, that's up to their moms and dads to say. But if they can, Sure!" again the child giggled and bounced on her seat, niw even more excited about this year summer vacation.

Over the course of next few days, Uncle Johnny drove up to the house. Climbing out from his car, the man stretched out his arm above his head and let out a tired sigh.

"Uncle Johnny!" A small voice chirped, and gaining the man attention. Sally dropped the jump rope she was playing with and ran over to the family member, hugging him.

"Hey-y Sal! How've you been?" He asked lifting up with ease, and guving her a proper hug. The girl giggled and looked back to her friends, whi were now waving in their direction.

"I've been playing with Sarah and Jenny. Let's go inside and tell mama you're here!" "Sound like a great idea" He smiled and walked inside the house, and calling out to the woman. "Marie. I'm here!" He called followed by Sally mimicking him.

"Mama! He's Here!" The housewife out to the kitchen and smiled, Happy to see Johnny made it.

"Johnny! You've got here, safe and sound!" The man placed the girl down on the ground and gave her a bottim pat to send her off and hugged the woman.

"Of course I did, Why else wouldn't I come here safe and sound?" He laughed, walking into the kutchen with the woman. Sally trotted over to the front door, calling out that she's going back to play.

"Make sure you come back, before dark!"

"Yes ma'am" And off the girl went.

As diner draw nearer, Sally's father came home. He was happy to see hus brother was there as well. Walking in with his daughter, he srolled up to Johnny with a handshake and hugs.

"Nice too see you man, how've you been?" He asked, crossing hus arm, watching his wife prepare the table for supper. Johnny gave a shrugs of his shoulders, fiddling with his thumbs.