Chapter 2 - Do you wanna build a snowman?

Start from the beginning

She ran to her parents room. Her dad was in front of the fire with a small box. She walked over. He knelt in front of her.

“The gloves will help. Conceal it…” her dad trailed off.

“Don’t feel it.” Elsa finished

“Don’t let it show.” They said at the same time.

Over time Elsa became stronger. Jack would visit her every winter as usual but they wouldn’t play as much. Elsa was afraid she’d hurt him.

“Jack you have to leave. I’m too powerful.” She told him while backing away.

“Elsa, it’s okay. You can’t hurt me. I’m like you. I can do the same things, remember?” She started to cry and ran to Jack. “Hey, it’s okay. I’ll teach you how to controll it. Whenever you need me throw a snowball out the window.” She nodded still hugging him.

The next winter Anna came and sang her song again. Elsa didn’t respond to it. She sat by the window and cried while listen to her sister.

“Do you want to build a snowman? Or ride our bike around the halls?

I think some company is overdue, I started talking to, the pictures on the walls — Hang in there, Joan!

It gets a little lonely, all these empty rooms, just watching the hours tick by…”

Elsa was more afraid than ever now. Her parents came to check on her one day. Elsa was sitting in a connor when they walked in. The whole corner was cold and covered in frost. Frost she made.

“It’s getting worse. It’s getting stronger.” She shouted while pacing. Her dad took a step forward.

“Getting upset only makes it worse. Calm down.”

“No, don’t touch me! Please, I’ll hurt you.” She panicked. Her mom put a hand on his shoulder as a warning. After they left the room Jack knocked on her window.

“It’s unlocked.” She told him. He floated in and sat on a chair.

“I saw everything.” he told her. She nodded. “I can still help you.”

“No one can help me…”

“You just need to believe.”

“No. The only thing that can stop it are the gloves!” She shouted. When she did the room got colder and the frost spreaded. Jack was about to say something, but Elsa stopped him.

“No Jack. Just go. Please leave.” He nodded and went to the window. Right before he left he said one more thing.

“I’ll always be here to help.” Then he flew off

The following summer her parent were going to visit her mothers sister. Their daughter, Rapunzel, had finally returned. Anna ran down the hall and paused at Elsa’s door. She thought about asking again but she already knew the answer. She ran to her parents room. She hugged both of them.

“See you in two weeks.” They hugged and Anna went back to the gallery. Her mom and dad came down the staircase where Elsa was waiting. She cursed and looked up sadly.

“Do you have to go?” She asked.

“You’ll be fine Elsa.” Her father told her. Her mother smiled. They hugged and both adults boarded the ship.  

Later that night there was a terrible storm. The ship was caught in the middle of it. As the waves crashed it tipped the boat. No one knew they were gone till two weeks later when they didn’t return. A few days later they got a message from the kingdom they were headed to. It said that they had never arrived. Two days later a funeral was held.

Elsa stayed in her room. Anna went out were two giant boulders were placed. At sunset they went back into the castle. They put a black veil over the picture of her parents. While Anna was on the way back to her room she stopped by Elsa’s door. She knocked three times.

“Please I know you’re in there, people are asking where you’ve been

They say ‘have courage,’ and I’m trying to, I’m right out here for you, just let me in

We only have each other, it’s just you and me, what are we gonna do?” she slid down and sat on the floor.

“Do you want to build a snowman?”

They both dried from opposite sides of the door. Elsa would have opened the door, but for three reasons. One, she was afraid she’d hurt Anna again. Two, the whole room was frozen. Three, Jack would stop by soon. After hours Anna got up and went to her room. A small knock came from the window. Elsa walked over and opened it.

“I’m sorry about what happened.” Elsa started weeping. Jack pulled her into a hug. They shared tears from a while before she pulled apart.

“Jack, I know you gonna hate me for saying this, but please leave Arendell and never come back. Not for another three years, at least.” Jack noded.

“I’ll be back in three years. I promise.” They shared one last hug and out the window he went.