Chapter Ten

Natasha and Cheshire watch the skies as thunder comes out of nowhere. Fury speaks over Natasha's headset.

"Said anything?"

"Not a word." Natasha replies.

"Just get him here. We're low on time, oh and let Cheshire know her new suit is ready for her. Coulson won't stop pestering me about it." Natasha glances over at her old mentor with sad eyes.

"Ember, why did you guys come here?" A young Natasha asks. They sat in a field full of flowers, the only beautiful place Natasha was permitted to go, with a supervisor of course. Ember's eyes harden and her hands tighten on the flower crown held in her hands.

She was silent, tense and refused to make eye contact with the small girl.
"That is a long and idiotic explanation that you do not want to her klein (little one)" Natasha pouted as all children do and looked up at the older teenager with angry eyes.

"But I do want to hear it! I've heard people talking Ember! And most of it is about your Creed!" She shouts. Ember doesn't move, but she sighs, suddenly looking much older than she was. She looks down at Natasha with soft eyes and placed the flower crown atop her fiery locks.

"All you need to know is that no matter what anyone says, I do everything so you can have a better life than I have had."

"I don't understand." Natasha huffs, confused at her mentor's watery eyes. Ember laughs and looks over at the setting sun.

"You will one day Tasha." Ember pulled the girl closer and as her skinny arms wrapped around her neck.

"But you must understand one thing now." The small girl releases from the hug and looks up at Cheshire. "The life you want to follow is not a fairy tale, we have no happy endings in the life that we lead." Ember whispers solemnly. The two of them watch as the sun falls behind the mountains, cloaking them in darkness. "We work in the darkness to serve the light, we are assassins." Ember pauses and shakes her head before standing up. "Now come on klein, Grandmaster will be wondering where we are." Natasha looks up at Cheshire and her mood instantly boosts at the sight of her smile. She jumps up into the older girl's arms and places her flower crown atop her head. With a soft smile, Ember carries the young child back to the hellhole they call home.

Shaking her head, Natasha mumbles a "Yes Sir" before focusing on flying back to base.
With Loki tied up and cuffed to his seat, Tony, Cheshire, and Steve watch from a distance, whispering.

"I don't like it."

"There are a lot of things I don't particularly like dear Captain, and unnecessarily pointing out the obvious is one of them." Cheshire says, a smirk ever present on her features. Steve ignores her comment and continues on.
"I don't remember it being ever that easy. This guy packs a wallop." Cheshire sighs and walks over to a bench across from Loki, pulling out on of her knives she begins to twirl it in the air, a bored look upon her face. Loki stares at her for a long while before she sends the knife flying, pinning Loki to the Jet's wall. Steve and Tony glare at the demigod as she casually gets up and seats herself on the Mischief God's lap, quickly pulling her knife from the wall and at the shocked look in his eyes.

"Cheshire, stay away from him." Steve says suddenly. He grabs her arm and pulls her off the God's lap, pushing her behind him protectively. Rolling her eyes, Cheshire pushes a pressure point on the Captain's arm, forcing him to let go of her.

"I'm fine you dunderhead." She says. Tony chuckles from the corner of the room, causing the two of them to look over at him.

"One thing you should know about Chesh, is that she defiantly doesn't like help from others." Cheshire rolls her eyes and smiles at Tony. "Still, you are pretty spry, for an older fellow. What's your thing? Pilates?"

"What?" Steve asks, rubbing his arm as feeling begins to come back.

"It's like calisthenics. You might have missed a couple things, you know, doing time as a Capsicle."

"Quite a yummy Capsicle if I do say so myself." Cheshire whispers. Tony clenches his jaw and glares at the blushing soldier, causing Steve to look at Tony, finally meeting his ego match.

"Fury didn't tell me he was calling you in."

"Yeah, there's a lot of things Fury doesn't tell you." Tony replies, a smirk on his face.

"Like the pole that's shoved so far up his-"

"Cheshire. Enough." Natasha says, a smirk on her face.

"Yeah, yeah." Thunder and lightning nearly hit the jet, making it shake violently. "Well fuck me." Cheshire grumbles. Tony's smirk widens.

"I already have." The woman chuckles and winks at Tony. Thunder once again rumbles overhead.

"Where's this coming from?" Natasha asks. Cheshire's eyes narrow at the sight of Loki staring out the window intently.

"What's the matter? Scared of a little lightning?" Steve asks Loki, jealousy still evident in his eyes.

"I'm not overly fond of what follows."

"What the fuck?" A blinding light hits the jet before a hunky God opens the ramp and grabs Loki by the throat and flying out. The three of them are left dumbstruck. Cheshire acts first, grabbing her blades and slipping her hood and mask on.

"Tony?" She states. Tony shuts the Iron Man helmet and walks over to her.

"Why I would be honored." He says before picking her up and turning towards Steve and Natasha. "Now there's that guy."

"Another Asgardian?" Natasha asks. Cheshire nods.

"That sweet hunk of a man is Thor, Loki's brother." She replies.

"Think the guy's a friendly?" Steve asks her.

"Mm, I hope so." Tony's arms tighten around the assassin.

"Doesn't matter. If he frees Loki or kills him, the Tesseract's lost." Cheshire nods and taps his shoulder.

"Then let's prevent that." She purrs, a sickeningly sweet smile forming behind her mask. Tony nods and turns to jump off the jet.

"Stark, we need a plan of attack!"

"I have a plan. Attack." Before Tony jumps out of the jet Cheshire winks at the shocked soldier and holds on tightly as the wind whips around her.

Cap grabs a parachute to follow the two of them and straps it on.

"I'd sit this one out, Cap." Natasha states

"I don't see how I can."

"These guys come from legends, they're basically gods."

"" Steve replies before jumping out of the jet like a goddamn badass.

Boom.

Like, Comment, Share

More to come~