Falling In Love With A Badass Skater Boy Chapter 16

Start from the beginning

I opened the door and was immediately hit with cold air. This must be another place they store food and keep it cool. I looked around and saw the eggs on a high shelf. I reached my hand up, but there was a few inch gap. Suddenly, there was a hand sliding on top of mine as someone grabbed the box. I gaze behind me to see Xavier looming over me.

“Oh geez!” I yelled and backed away from him. He gave me a weird look and raised an eyebrow.

“Sorry, you scared me.” I said as I held out my hands, ready to take the box

Xavier instead put the box on the floor beside him. I turned my head to the side, not sure why he did that. The next thing I knew, there was a hand on my chin, raising my head. I looked at him with genuine curiosity and shock. He just put his thumb to my lips and started tracing them. I parted them slightly and let out a small breath.

“You have pretty lips.” He said, his voice void of emotion.

“Thanks I guess” I said as I took his hand and pushed it away from my lips. My shoulders were tense and I probably looked like an uncomfortable cat, ready to pounce.

“Before I explain, can you do one thing for me?” He said as he put his hands in his pockets. His shoulders hunched forward slightly.

“I suppose” There was some caution in my voice as I waited for him to ask.

The next thing I knew, his lips were pressed against mine. They were warm and soft, but still strong and firm. My body was frozen in place, not sure how to react. My phone started to vibrate, but I didn’t have the nerve to answer it. After a few seconds, Xavier removed his lips from mine and touched our foreheads together.

“I like you. I shouldn’t though.” He said with a sad tone.

“Why is that? Is there something you haven’t been telling me?” He was hiding something, and I wanted to know what.

“The night I met you, I didn’t sleep in the same bed as you was because I knew it would be wrong. Don’t get me wrong, I didn’t take you as the type of person for a one night stand, but just sleeping next to you would be wrong. The reason for that, the reason I shouldn’t even be this close to you is because I have a girlfriend. One I have been dating for 5 years now.” I gasped and took a step back, pressing my fingertips to my lips.

“Then why would you . . .?” I began to nibble the skin from my lips, trying to get the taste of him off.

“I don’t know, I haven’t figured out that much yet. I know I like you, and I love my girlfriend, but she has been staying in her parent’s summer home for the last month and I don’t know. I like you. I have feelings for you. That’s all I know.” He said as he took a deep inhale. His eyes were prodding mine for emotion as he tried to read my face.

“You cheated on her. That’s like Zero cheating on me. Xavier, that’s not okay. What about that poor girl.” I began pacing back and forth as I kept touching my lips.

“I know, but being with you feels right, and that’s the only emotion I’m acting on right now.” Xavier took my hand and tried to kiss it. I pulled away and held my hand as if it had been burned.

“That may be the only emotion you’re acting on, but I am acting on my own. I love Zero, and I always will. Just because you feel like things are right, it doesn’t mean I’ll drop my life, the love of my life, to be with you. I’m sorry. You are so sweet Xavier, and an amazing guy, but I’m telling you right now that all this will ever be is friends.” I stopped pacing and looked at him. His face was stoic like a statue.

“Please” He whispered as he took my hands once again. I tried to pull away but his grip increased.

“Let go, please Xavier stop!” I yelled, but he wasn’t listening. He was in his own heartbroken world.

In a flash of a second, the hands holding mine vanished as I watched Xavier being slammed to the ground. Daisuke was standing above him, while cracking his knuckles. He started to yell some things in Japanese, and his friends came in and took Xavier away. Zero ran in and pulled me into a hug.

I began to cry. It wasn’t even that I was sad, a lot had just happened. Plus, when you are stressed and flustered and someone then hugs you, you just breakdown sometimes. He began rocking us back in forth as I buried my head into his chest. My breath hitched and I let out strangled cries.

“What did he do to you baby, what did he do. . .” Zero whispered more to himself then me.

Zero sighed and slid his hands behind my thighs and lifted me. I hooked my arms around his neck and sniffled in his scent. It was sweet and calming. He carried me to my room where Kat and Kassie were. They tried to hound me but I just tightened my grip on Zero.

“Leave” Zero growled as he pulled my in closer to him. We sat down on the bed and fell back. Zero pulled the covers up above our heads as we looked at each other underneath them. Zero gently brushed a hair behind my ear and wiped my tears away.

“What did he do baby?”

Looks like I got some explaining to do.