Falling In Love With A Badass Skater Boy Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Badass, Meet Mr. Right

I woke up the next morning alone. I looked around the room, but no one was there. Confused, I got up and walked out of the room. A sweet aroma came from the kitchen, so I followed it to be rewarded with a cute sight. Xavier had on a pink frilly apron with flour all over his face. He had both hands on a pancake flipper as he tossed it with clumsiness. He bit his lip and kept his eyes fixed on the pan with determination.

“Good morning little miss, do you need some help there?” I said with amusement. He jumped a little bit when he noticed I had been there the whole time.

“No need, I am doing just fine. My cooking skills are fantastic.” Xavier said with a nervous smile. It showed his inexperience in the kitchen.

“Alright then” I said in a sarcastic voice.

Xavier flipped a few more pancakes onto a plate and wiped his forehead. He was sweating from the mere effort of trying to cook. The oven mitts on his hands were flung into the air behind him as he grabbed the plate and put it in front of me. The pancakes looked toxic to say the least. A few were really undercooked, and others were burned so badly that you would be eating ash.

“So, aren’t you going to try one?” Xavier shifted from one foot to the other, clearly worried if I would like them or not.

I smiled and nodded, trying to not show the dread in my face. I raised my hand and tried to decide which would be less deadly, under or overcooked. I took a large gulp, enjoying the taste of nothing while it lasted. I took an undercooked pancake and smiled at Xavier as he watched me intently. The goo met my mouth and I gulped quickly. Saying it tasted horrible was an understatement. I almost gagged from the taste and texture, but Xavier was still watching.

“They are good” I said in the closest thing to a cheerful voice I could manage.

“I’m glad you like them! I will make more if you want?” He said as his face lit up with pride and excitement.

I coughed hard “No that’s fine I’m not really a breakfast person.” I tried to keep my head down to make sure he didn’t notice my eyes were watering from the taste. It was like eating raw eggs and grease with a creamy texture.

“Oh okay, that’s fine. We should really get you home soon, I’m sure your friends are worried about you.” He stated simply as he took off his apron and hung it on a jacket rack.

“You’re probably right; they may be panicking right now.” I sighed and thought of Kassie and Kathleen's reactions when they stepped into the house and saw I wasn’t there. They probably thought I was abducted or something crazy.

I stood up and grabbed a water bottle from Xavier’s fridge. I needed something to wash the taste of the pancakes out of my mouth. When I was done drinking it, we both hopped into his car and drove home. There was a comfortable silence that filled the air. As we started to approach the skate park, I started tapping my feet against the car floor nervously. Xavier reached out and put his hand over mine, calming me down. I bit my lip and looked out the window at the house.

When the car parked, I hopped out and closed the door quietly. I didn’t want them to run out and attack me because the ground was cement. I don’t feel like having my skull crushed today. Xavier got out of the car and followed behind me. With a light push, the door to the house opened. I tip toed into the living room to be greeted with an odd sight.

“Okay, possibility 14, she may have gone out for a night of drinking and may be passed out in an alleyway right now.” Kathleen said with determination as she wrote the 14th possibility on a chalk board. Both Kat and Kass have army colored hats on and a black line on each cheek.