My Angel Chapter 6

The kiss wasn't big and elaborate; it was a nice soft one. As his lips brushed mine, I felt as if nothing else in the world mattered. As he pulled away, I kept my eyes closed and laughed.

"You know, I kind of get how Skye is feeling. The protection thing I mean. It's hard to explain," He said suspiciously "but I would never punch anyone."

"Well that's reassuring. So what was the point of bringing me out here?" I asked already knowing the answer. It was a stupid question due to the fact that it was probably the kiss.

"I thought you would never ask." Looks like I was wrong. Wait! Does that mean that this is going to get better?

He lifted me off of him and went over to get something. When he got back, he sat down beside me and handed me a white envelope.

"You know, I find it odd that you didn't tell anyone it was your birthday. I mean 18 is a very important age."

"This coming from the one who turned 18 in February. Yeah I think I'm the only one outside your family that knows. And it's not that important. I mean I can vote and everything but it's no big deal. Besides, I do tell people when it is, they just don't make a big deal about it. I tell them I don't want anything." I eyed the envelope.

"I see, well you should have told me that sooner, I can't exactly take this back, open it."

"Fine." I opened the envelope. Inside was a piece of paper that had writing on it. I just sat there and stared at it, Clyde noticed because then he said,

"Your suppose to read it."

'Thank you captain obvious, it says, Congratulations on your star purchase." I stopped reading and looked at Clyde.

"Keep reading." He kept looking at the sky. Guess he was looking for the star.

I continued to read the letter.

"If you look up to the sky and find the star in the middle of the big dipper. You have found your start "the angel" enjoy"

"Happy birthday my angel." Then he leaned over to kiss me again. A shiver ran down my spine as his lips brushed mine. The kiss didn't last long due to the fact that I have uncontrollable emotions, I started to cry.

"What's wrong?" he asked me.

"Um... nothing's wrong exactly. Today has just been so crazy that I just don't know what to think."

"Well you don't have to think about anything at all." He said wiping a tear from my cheek. "Do you want to see your star?" I nodded my head. He grinned and helped me to my feet.

"How are suppose to see the star if it is so cloudy up there." I pointed to the sky.

"Pretty easily actually." He led me around the corner of the house. There on the deck was a giant telescope that was nearly two times my height. "I already adjusted it. Just put your eye here and you should see it."

"I do, it's so pretty! But there is something different about it. I know what it is! Oh my god Clyde it's purple" I cannot believe it was purple! I have never once seen a purple star before and now it was mine!

"I thought you might like it." He said with a smile "The guy asked me witch one I wanted and I couldn't decide but then I saw this one and immediately thought of you."

"I do. I really do. Thank you so much."

"Do you want to know what the best part of the present is?"

"Yeah what?" This guy was asking a lot of questions and I was getting awfully tiered of answering them.

"The best part is that even when we're apart, we will always have this star to keep us together."

I sat down and he sat down beside me.

"I don't ever want to be away from you. Not now, not ever."

"I know. Neither do I." He put his arm around me and I rested my head on his shoulder.

Those were the last words said that night. We sat in silence as the clouds pulled apart to reveal the stars. I thought I could feel something feathery behind Clyde's back but the feeling was gone in an instant.

We just sat there and stared at my star. Both of us holding the other and hoping that we would never be taken away from each other.