My Angel Chapter 4

On the way home, I cranked the radio and chilled out. There was nothing that could crush my mood now! Clyde wanted to talk to me! Now I just needed to get on, get changed, get my music and head back to the soon to be party.

My trip inside my house was very fast. I pulled on a new purple one shoulder shirt, ran the brush through my short black and purple hair and put in my purple colored contacts. A long time ago, well the last time Skye was here he told me there was no such thing as purple eyes so I decided to prove him wrong. I grabbed my iPod and headed back out to my car.

I walked into the front door, handed my iPod to Cameron and headed back upstairs. A million questions flooded through my mind. What did he want to talk to me about? Was he going to ask me out? Was he going to tell me to stay away from him because I scared him? There was only one way to find out. I stepped into his room.

"Hey Matt, do you think you could go help my sister set up while I talk to Sam?" It was a very simple question and Matt got up and left. "So I know it's kind of last minute, literally, but do you want to be my date to my sister's party?" That was the question I had been waiting for, for about a month now and finally it had happened. I was so in aw that I almost forgot to answer.

"Yeah, I'd like that." The perfect answer. Not too eager but not to "I don't care" either.

"Great" he blushed. "I'll meet you downstairs, I have to get ready first."

"Sounds good. I have to help Cam with a few things anyway."

After that I pretty much ran downstairs. I had to tell Cam the good news. Remember how I told you about the way that Cam and Clyde came down the stairs? Well I tried it and failed by falling straight on my face. Cameron herds the crash and came to see if I was okay.

"Hey Sam, stop trying to kill yourself and get over here! We still have like twenty balloons to blow up and I have no clue how to work your iPod."

"I'm fine thanks for asking, just get Skye to help you blow them up, he's got enough hot air in him. Oh and by the way, Clyde asked me out but no big deal right?

She handed the pack of balloons to Skye, he sighed and started blowing them up.

"No big deal? Are you kidding me! This is like the biggest deal ever! Now I don't have to worry about anything other than having an awesome time."

"Yeah! Wait. What! You were worried about me? Cam, you've known me since we were seven. You know that I can take care of myself."

"Yes I do know that. It's just that I didn't want Skye to talk you into doing something that you will regret. But now that you will be with Clyde all worries are gone."

"And just how do you know that your brother is going to be such a saint?"

"Because I know he would never do anything to hurt you. And besides, he doesn't drink. He says he would like to keep his brain cells for the future."

" I think I like him even more already." I heard a noise behind me and before I knew it, Clyde was standing at my side and laughing.

"That's great" he winked at Cameron. " My day just keeps getting better and better.." Matt cam out of the kitchen and stood beside Cam. They looked so cute together. Cameron with her short dark brown hair and hazel eyes. Then there was Matt who looked a lot like me. With short black hair and blue eyes. Many people find it hard to believe that we are not really related.

" So is there any way that we can help set up for this thing?" Matt asked Cam.

" Um........ yeah you can help me get the food ready." She told him. Then they both disapered into the kitchen.

Clyde cheeked him watch.

" Only twenty minuts until this place is full of people..." he said " is there any way I can help?"

" well I still need to find a way to get this iPod connected to the surround sound."

" I do that all the time. Do you have a playlist ready?" I nooded. " great I just need to go find the cord. I'll be right back." Then he ran up the ptairs once again leaving Skye and me alone.

" Here I have finished blowing up the balloons." He motioned to the pile of balloons on the floor.

" Thanks" I said, "go fins Cameron and get a roll of tape. Then tape the balloons to the streamers."

" It's never a dul moment with you guys is it? I seem to be getting ordered around a lot lately" he walked past Clyde muttering to himself. Then disapered into the kitche to find Cameron.

"What was all that about?" Clyde asked me.

" He was being nice for once and he followed my orders. I'm guessing he was scolding himself for being good."

Clyde laughed a bit then handed me the cord.

" Just plug that end into the iPod, then plug the other end into the speaker. It's pretty easy. I have to go set something up, I'll be right back."

He ran for the back door and when outside. I wondered what he was up to. I plugged the iPod into the pseker with the cord and music started blaring. The next thing I knew the door bell rang and the party was about to start.