23

|23|

"Bea? Bea! Can you hear me? Bea!"

Bea looked around wildly, unable to speak. She shoved Allie violently off of her, sending the blonde sprawling backwards. She reached across the floor and grabbed her fallen shiv, before scooting back against the cupboard, fending off any attempts at attack. She recognized nobody, all she saw were people grabbing at her, trying to rip the life from her body. "Give her some goddamned space!"

The voice was Mr Jackson. She looked up, reaching for him. Clawing at him. He tried to help her up, but her legs didn't work. They were like jelly, and her hands, they were shaking. The shiv dropped out of her hand and onto the tiles. Her vision began to go blurry, and her voice a simple croak. And as Mr Jackson scooped her up bridal style and began running, His shouts became distant, nothing but a low hum in her ears, and then there was nothing.

⭕✴⭕✴⭕✴⭕✴⭕✴⭕✴⭕

Bea smiled weakly as Liz handed her a cup of tea, and the remainder of the crew began to file in after the other and crowd around the couch she was resting on, seating themselves in chairs in a semi circle like formation. It just past lock up, and Bea felt reasonably safe now that their area was locked up, aheilding them from other possible threats. That is, if the others weren't already turning on her. But that was just another worry to add to the list.

"Oh Bea. I came to tell you not to go meet Allie, but the hall was blocked, probably as a diversion. I found the drugs during my shift, and I emptied them out. Then I found Allie, and I thought if I kept her there she couldn't get to you—but it was Ferguson. It was bloody Ferguson..."

"Alex don't worry about it. There's nothing you could have done." Bea said in a hoarse croaky voice. The room cringed. Her voice was the only physical symptom of her inner pain, but what she was feeling herself wasn't even comprehendible. Not even to her. Sure she was in shock, hell she couldn't even feel the deep set bruises on her body. In a way, she was kind of sad, sad that she was so close to being with deb again. So close to her daughter. A tear escaped her eye as she thought of them doing mother daughter stuff, happy, up in that big bright cloud everyone talks about. Bea thought maybe if she hadn't of fought back, maybe she'd be up there now. Watching the world go by. No one would miss her really. Maybe at first, but they'd get over it. She was just another passer by, a rock to some if those who needed it.

"Cmon love. Let's get you into bed. Its late. " Liz helped bea off of the couch and into her room. The others took that as their cue to leave. Alex groaned and held her head in her hands, thinking of all the 'what ifs'. Franky looked down at her from where she perched on top of the table one tan leg propped up on a chair. "Ah don't beat ya self up about it Al. I know what your thinking and like Bea said, there was nothing you could have done to stop that crazy psycho freak."

Alex rubbed her head tiredly, flopping backward on the couch. "Ugh. I should have stayed in the kitchen. "

"Should of, could of, would of, Doesn't make a difference. What's done is done. Let's just be grateful Mr J showed Kaz that recording when he did."

"Mm. Wise guy eh?"

"You know it. Now get some sleep before you fall asleep on the couch."

"Im too lazy to move. All I want is Netflix, ice cream and chill. Ohh and orange is the new black. Yup. Life sorted." Franky gave her a quizzical look. "What's orange is the new black?" Alex grinned. "Basicly an american prison drama, lots of scandal, lezzies, fights etc. Oh, and one of the characters is called Alex."

Franky rolled her eyes. "The irony. Might as well make a series about my life. Pretty sure I'd be more entertaining. " Franky winked. "Anyway, still no breakthroughs. But, rumor has it that Fergusons seeing some guy tomorrow. I don't know who, but apparently its not a screw or shrink so must be something else that's going on. Your little friend's popping in tommorow so I can check it out. "

"Seddon?"

"Yup."

"Agreed to see you?"

"Well yeah. I'm irresistible. "

Alex rolled her eyes eyes and looked at Franky skeptically. "Must've bribed him with something. Good night. See you in the morning. " Franky waved goodnight to Alex as she got up and left, shutting her cell door. Franky stretched and got up herself, preparing for the next days events. She just hoped it'd be worth it.

------------------------------------------------------

Guess who's bad at updating? Meeeee 🙋 short filler chapter I'm afraid. I've been busy lately and had writers block. Anywayyyyy feedback?