15

|15|

My chapters are getting longer :)

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

Franky and Alex stood silently for a moment, almost as if sizing each other up. Finally franky broke the silence. "Well are you just gonna stand there and stare at me all night or are you going to sit down and say something?"

Alex sighed and sat down on the edge of frankys bed. She could tell from Franky's tone and attitude that she was still angry at her for not telling her about the murder. "You know, I did hand myself in. Why're you still pissed off?"

Franky criscrossed her legs and raised her eyebrows. "Still doesn't change the fact that you lied. And you never kept in touch. I thought you were dead,"

"So I've heard. Well, don't blame me, I'm not allowed to contact anyone outside my contact list. And being a hot shot lawyer I thought you'd be smart enough to realize your not supposed to associate with criminals."

"Cut to the chase don't you?"

"Me? Of course. But that wasn't even the main point," Alex leaned closer to Franky, making her edge ever so slightly toward the wall. "Let's cut the shit Franky. Why're you really in here? We both know your too fucking smart to break your parole. So what is it? Someone blackmailing you? Or maybe your here for something else. So what is it? Humour me."

Franky pulled her lips into a thin line and leaned in, resisting the pull Of those intent green orbs. "Fuck off Alejandra."

Alex grinned and laughed humorously. "I knew it. Francesca Doyle, lagger to be eh? Seddon told me you'd been with that cop. Shoulda known someone'd get to me, just surprised it'd be you."

Franky didn't know what to say. She'd been caught out and Alex knew it, whether it was plain on Franky's face it not. The girl was a genius she'd give her that-hell, she'd spent the shortest time with her yet knew her more than anyone else about franky? But That's what scared franky the most. The fact that Alex could read her Like a book, no words needed. Franky averted her eyes and said nothing. "Let me guess; he is blackmailing you. Something that would breech your parole? So what does he want on me?"

"He wants evidence. "

"Ah. I'll give him all he wants then. After all, what more can he do to me? Ive got fucking life. "

Alex watched Franky's face contort into a almost torn expression. She hated seeing Franky Like this. Timidly, Alex layed a hand over Franky's. They both stilled, breath hitched, as currents like lightning surged between them. Franky snatched her hand away. "No, no- you are not doing this to me again Alex! I just got fucking over you. Stop fucking playing with me and messing with my head! "

"I read the wall." She said quietly.

Franky sucked in a breath and ran a hand through her messy hair. "So that makes it all better now eh? That was a long time ago honey. "

Alex made a frustrated noise and got up, walking to the door. "By the way, your little country bumpkins back! Maybe you can fuck her instead if your that desperate!"

Alex ignored Franky and walked out of the door and off to the gym. Missing dinner, she powered through all of the gym equipment trying to forget the past hours. She should of known franky'd reject her. And who wouldn't? Alex had rejected franky countless times, despite her growing feelings. Yup, the whole "relationship" if you could even call it that, was now damaged beyond repair. And it was Alex's fault. Serves her right, as most would say. At the end of her workout, she concluded that the whole task was pointless. She didn't feel pumped, and hadn't forgotten anything. The only thing she'd achieved was a feeling of fatigue and a new pair of sweaty clothes. "Fuck!" She ran a hand through her tangled hair, and kicking over some weights, she slid down the wall, head in her hands, trembling in a state of emotion she couldn't identify.

"Lemme guess, trouble in paradise?"

Alex peeked irritatedly through two fingers to where Allie stood watching her from the top of an exercise bike. She walked over and plopped down next to Alex. Alex groaned. "What do you want?"

"Aw Ale, don't be like that. Your already ignored me as soon as you walked in. Don't worry, I'm not hitting on you. I've only got eyes for one,"

"Bea?"

Allie smiled. "Don't tell anyone. With you, all I wanted was a quick fuck. But Bea? Its different. Its like I feel a pull toward her you know?"

Alex looked off into the distance. She knew all to well. "Well, Bea's not Like that. Lezzie I mean. Plus she's had enough hurt to last her a lifetime, so don't go giving her anymore grief."

"I don't care if she's lesbian, trans, or a bisexual leprechaun. Fuck the labels. Love conquers all, regardless of social rules." She smiled off into the distance.

Alex rolled her eyes. "Do we really have to talk about your love life? Or even talk at all?'

"As much as I live gushing about Bea, and her red hair, or how sexy she--"

"Lalalala"

"Your so immature."

"Yo fucking lo." They both began laughing at the simple banter, but were stopped short when kaz walked in. Allie shot up and dusted herself off. Kaz looked at the both of them, then narrowed in on Alex. "What're you two doing? Allie you were supposed to be in kitchen clean up half an hour ago. The girls are going wild having to do your job. Cmon,"

Allie followed kaz with a grimace, but not before giving Alex a thumbs up. How that girl could be so happy all the time she had no idea. "Hey, you alright? I just saw kaz walk out of here,"

Alex got up off of the tiles and walked over to Bea, motioning for them to walk out. "Yeah. She just came to get Allie." Bea raised an eyebrow. "Don't worry, we were just talking. Apparently her heart belongs to you anyway," she gave alex a weird look. "But I'm not lesbian. "

"That's what I told her. Although look at me, that's what I thought for over twenty years and look where it got me. Now I'm just craving my vaggies"

Bea gagged, grabbing passerby's attention as the walked back to H block. "Your gross Alex. I thought your were just this quiet innocent little thing at first, but now your true nature is coming out. Its really creepy if I'm honest,"

"Better watch out Bea, I might just be the next juice. Maybe I can be smoothie, coz you know, I'm smoother than that old hag. " She began laughing at her own joke as they arrived in H2 just in time for head count. Franky talked to Doreen for a while while boomer, Liz and Bea watched TV. Alex smiled at her prison family fondly, treasuring the moments she'd had with them. After good nights, she went into her room and fell back into a deep sleep.