"Is that somebody's name or...?" I asked, chewing on my lower lip as I tried to recall what he was asking. If he was even asking anything for that matter.

No response. Only an elongated silence before he began to scribble something on his clipboard. I knew he was trying to help, but he honestly gave me the creeps. I felt more like his subject than his patient, and I knew that wasn't right.

Suddenly, the door to our room opened up, letting in a small gust of cool air. In walked in a doctor I was familiar with, as apparently she had helped me get back onto my feet whilst I was in my accident.

"Doctor Tsing," my own doctor acknowledged, standing straight and nodding. "How can I help you?"

Doctor Tsing smiled my way before looking to my doctor. "How is she doing? Any progress?"

My doctor said nothing, only handed Tsing his clipboard. She took it expectantly and her eyes raked its contents, eager to see the results. Her smile curled into a small frown as she read, and I wondered if it was bad as she was making it out to be. I honestly felt fine.

"Is everything okay?" I asked hesitantly.

She looked up when she heard me speak, and her smile reappeared. Lowering the clipboard, she nodded, saying, "Everything is perfect. You are making great progress."

I smiled brightly. "Awesome! Does that mean there's no more checkups?"

She glanced at my doctor, who seemed to be able to understand what she was saying without verbally speaking, as he stepped out of the room and waited outside the door, probably for her.

"We'll get back to Mrs– uh, your mother about that," she explained, offering a twitching smile. "You're done for today, though."

I shrugged and jumped off the bed just as she left the room, pulling the door close behind her. I didn't think she realised that the door hadn't fully clicked though, because when I glanced her way, she seemed in some heated argument with my doctor; I decided not to intrude. I just needed to get my things and leave.

I headed to the counter by the door, grabbing my jacket from the top. As I was pulling it on, my eyes caught sight of a sheet of paper that was obviously from my medical file because it said my name in block capitals at the top. Except, it read something a little different than what I was expecting.

Y/L/N, Y/N – Experimentation Progress

My eyes widened as I caught a quick glimpse at the top. Experiment? I was part of an experiment?!

Faults in the experiment resulted in memory loss for the individual. Below is the progress for–

"Y/N? Are you okay in there?"

I jumped at the sound of Tsing's voice, and scrambled to the door, only to see both doctors watching me with concern. As much as my head was rattling with this newfound information, I couldn't let them know that I suspected anything of them, so I grinned at them enthusiastically.

"Yeah, I was just putting on my jacket. Thanks again for helping me, though!"

With one last wave their way, I turned on my heel and walked away casually. Only when I was a fair distance away from them did I jump into a sprint back to the elevator. Nobody was in there when I entered, which I was grateful for because it meant that nobody would see me having a mini panic attack.