Chapter 17

Kylie couldn't sleep. She was way too anxious to sleep, despite being very pregnant and very tired. At precisely twenty weeks along, today was the day she and Tyga would find out the gender of the baby. Only problem was, it was five in the morning: exactly eight hours before their appointment. The sun wasn't even shining yet and Tyga was next to her, sleeping like a baby. King was in his room, out like a light as well.

She rolled over and got out of bed, making sure she didn't wake T up. Mission accomplished. She quietly tip toed out of the room and down the hall, where King'd bedroom was.

Kylie almost wished he was woke, so she could have someone to talk to. But that wasn't the case. He was wildly sprawled out across his bed, blanket on the floor and limbs dangling off the side of his bed. She bent down and grabbed his legs so she could fully place him on the bed. Once that was done, Kylie re-draped his comforter on him. It was amusing because Kylie was able to do it without waking King up. She wished she could sleep as well as that.

Kylie then walked through the other parts of the house, checked on the dogs, grabbed a handful of pretzels from the kitchen, and ended up back in her bed. Doing all of that took less than 10 minutes and Kylie was back to being restless.

After getting back in bed and eating her pretzels, Kylie sat there, looking around the dark room. Her eyes landed on Tyga and she contemplated waking him up. If she couldn't sleep, he didn't deserve any either.

"T? T, wake up!" Kylie dug her nails into his shoulder and shook him. "T!"

Tyga's eyes shot open and he jumped up. "What, what's wrong? Is the baby okay?"

"The baby is fine." Kylie said.

"Why'd you wake me up?"

"Because I can't sleep." Kylie replied. Tyga rolled his eyes. "Don't roll your eyes me at! It's getting harder to sleep, and my brain won't turn off."

"Why won't your brain turn off?"

"I'm just really excited about our appointment later today." Kylie confessed. "We get to find out if we're having a boy or girl!"

Tyga smiled at Kylie's explanation. He was excited about that as well. "Yup."

"What do you want?" Kylie asked.

"A boy." Tyga said, yawning. "What about you?"

"You know, I really don't care." As cliché as it sounded, Kylie only wanted a healthy baby. After her stint in the hospital a few months back, she came to the conclusion that gender didn't matter, as long as the baby was carried to term and delivered successfully. "I'll be happy either way."

"How diplomatic of you, Ky."

"I'm serious. King wants a brother, though."

"Yes, he has been campaigning hard for this baby to be a boy. My mom wants a granddaughter. She wants someone to put in dresses and bows, and she can't do that with King."

Kylie felt herself getting sleepy. She put her head down and rolled over on her side. "Well we'll find out in a few hours."

"You going back to sleep?" Kylie nodded. "Good. We have to be up in a few hours anyway to get King ready for school."

"I'm not taking him today, you're taking him."

"We'll argue about it in a few hours, babe. Goodnight."

.
.

"My sisters have been texting me nonstop." Kylie said, checking her messages. Their group chat was going crazy, with the sisters wanting a play by play of Kylie's doctor appointment, but she was ignoring them.