Chapter 3 [smut warning]

A/N: Just want to give a heads up for some smut near the end of this chapter. If you don't like it, don't read it. Enjoy!

KAT'S POV

"So tell me," Liam asked with a smile, "What's your story?"

I sighed, chuckling. "My story?"

"Yeah, your story. You're obviously not from England. So why are you here? In this bar, more specifically. I'm intrigued as to how someone as witty and educated as you willingly came over to sit beside that douchewaffle Jeremy."

I laughed, raising my eyebrows as I ran a hand through my hair. "Well you're right about the douchewaffle part, he was incredibly dense. But to be honest, if I answer your question truthfully you'll probably think I'm a freak and walk away. Not that you would be wrong, I just don't want the only person in this bar that gets my humor to depart quite yet."

Liam's grin was wide as he took in my words, scooting closer to me.

"Well then that just intrigues me even more."

I stared into his curious eyes, wondering how in the hell a guy as hot as this was actually talking to me in all of my misunderstood glory.

"Alright fine." I conceded, sitting up straighter. "My story is that I write other stories. I'm a writer, and a successful one at that, excuse my boasting. But I have writer's block, a really annoying case of one to be frank. My friend Niall, who I believe is also your  friend, suggested I get a muse to help cure me. So here I am. Trying to find a guy, which I'm not very good at, to be kind of my friend and mostly my sexual plaything so that I can finish my story."

Liam stared at me, gaze never faltering. It was actually a bit unnerving, and I hated that I had probably scared him off already. But hey, he's the one that asked.

"Wait a second." He finally spoke, lifting his head. "You said your full name was Katherine Burke. You mean to tell me you're the Katherine Burke? As in The Roaring River Katherine Burke?"

My jaw dropped. 

"You've read one of my books?" I asked in a squeaky voice, my shock evident. 

"Oh hell no." Liam said quickly, shaking his head. "Well I take that back, I read about the first two chapters and had to put it down because it was so terrible. No offense."

My expression turned to that of fury instead of surprise. "Excuse me?" I asked slowly.

He chuckled, leaning back and looking at me in amusement. "Yeah, sorry about that. Haven't read any of your other books, but The Roaring River just didn't tickle my pickle." 

I scoffed, looking at this arrogant ass that had fully captured my attention. 

"I'll have you know that The Roaring River was number one on the New York Times bestseller list for months. That book skyrocketed my career!"

"Oh I know. That's why my ex girlfriend had it lying around. If it's any consolation, she loved it."

I looked all around me in disbelief, only to see that no one else in the bar was taking any notice to the highly offended blonde girl who still hadn't touched her scotch. When I looked back at Liam with a clenched jaw he was smirking at me. I took a deep breath.

"Well tell me Liam, why didn't you like my book?"

"Several reasons, actually." He began, leaning forward against the bar closer to me. "For one, it is completely unrealistic. I mean honestly, a girl as smart as you shouldn't actually believe that an A-list party girl is going to fall for the hard working guy that she never paid any notice to before he just happened to save her life when she got wasted one night. That part in and of itself was a joke."